Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath Manager parameters

I've just started using X8 - i think it is fantastic. I'm looking to find the parameters for the Description, Manufacturer name & Manf Tool Code in the 'General' Field of the Tool Manager. I would like to get them into my Tool List.

Thanks in advance for any help, and retro thanks for all the help you guys have been in the past, I have picked your collective brains for several years as a browser and have benefited greatly from your knowledge .

Peter Lawrence

SoCal,USA

• Like 1

Is this for your Tool list in a toolpath? or for a tool list in a setup sheet, posting or something else? 

For setup sheet/posting  you can find any parameter by using 

~prmcode$, ~sparameter$, e$    in the pparameter block

to dump all parameters and numbers when posting - so you can set those to something like 777 and see what parameter number corresponds.

Is this for your Tool list in a toolpath? or for a tool list in a setup sheet, posting or something else? 

For setup sheet/posting  you can find any parameter by using 

~prmcode$, ~sparameter$, e$    in the pparameter block

to dump all parameters and numbers when posting - so you can set those to something like 777 and see what parameter number corresponds.

Tyler - This is the single most useful piece of Mastercam info I have had in a long time - thank you so much. Do you work with Jim Truitt? Tell him Hi.

Hey great to hear that - I think it should be a commented row in EVERY post (and any post-processor I edit I put it in)

I DO work with Jim Truitt, I used to sit right beside him. He's great, will ask him.   What company are you with? Jim is old and getting older by the minute

I know Jim from when we worked together at Vantage, he's a greta guy - I'm now at utc in chula vista.