Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4TH AXIS ROTATION LIMIT

JonBlinder

I keep getting an error while trying to run my part. I'm running a rotary toolpath and when I reach A-99999.999 in my code (G90) it alarms out saying I cant go further in that axis. I've tried to post it in Incremental motion with the misc. values which seems to work until it does a full rotation then it wants to go backwards to A0 again before it does the next pass. How do I do this differently? The part is 30inches long and the toolpath works great until I reach the limit (while roughing the part with a .1 step-over and to finish I want to use a .005 step-over.) That means I'll only get a couple inches before it'll alarm out! Any thoughts?

I tried the 'one_rev switch' and it seemed to work for a little while but then it throws in a odd move now and again like we're moving along in A+ and it throws in a A- all of a sudden back to the other side then back to the A+ moves. A crash. I didn't get a chance to check the video out that'll be next.

Ok. I was finally able to watch the video. I have been playing around with the machine definition A-axis parameters all ready. I still can't seem to get it to post right. Right now, after turning the one_rev switch on, and setting the A-axis limits to 0-360 and 'signed continuous' turned on in machine definition, It's still generating a negative 'A' move every so often. It'll be going along fine, staying all between positive 1 and 360 degrees then out of nowhere, it seems, it'll have a negative 'A' move and swing the A-axis around in the wrong direction to get to the point. But it does this move without lifting the Z-axis. When the move is complete, the tool is where it should be next, but it took the long way/wrong way around to get there. I thought my limits of 0-360 in the machine definition would prevent ANY negative A-axis moves. Am I wrong, and if so, what am I doing wrong?

OK, no planes involved a 4th axis rotary path.....

Well, as you didn't put up a z2g file, your post can't be tested...so I tried it in a 4 axis post that I have that is well proven and I get all A+ up to 360.....

Might suggest you send it off to your reseller as something in the post may not be right.....

Try it in one of the generics that some with Mastercam, I believe you'll see your file is fine, the post needs help....

I have just finished trying both a generic Haas and Fadal post and they both did the same thing as I have been getting from the MPMaster post.

Here is part of the code I've been getting. Line N4186 is where it happens first. It does this throughout the program. It's probably something really simple that's wrong somewhere, I just don't know where.

post-61025-0-50941800-1430409065_thumb.jpg

Any help at all would be great.