Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Making Mastercam read G-code?

khass0410

We have no crack problem in Finland as far as I know . I think there is an off topic section somewhere else.....

But back to the initial Q & A . It has been some 15-20 yrs since I tried this other software but I remember drawing a rectangle and getting NC code for machining and I remember changing

the NC code and going back to the graphical interface and seeing a change in the shape. Same went for canned cycles.  

Gracjan

Gcode, truthfully this does not help much as if you wrote in MC and go back in and change to a peck cycle and repost is so much less work then dicking around trying to bring what you all ready did in the first place back in to make the change.

If your files are organized were you do not have hunt and peck to find the file. it really on takes a few min at most to pull a file back up and toggle using the example of drill to peck cycle change.

I do not see any advantages to this whole thought of what is being asked.

Just my opinion. sorry.

I guess as I read all this in my mind I was wondering what's the point?

It'd be more work to get it backwards compatible than to just tweak the CAM file and repost. I have never had trouble reposting huge files and letting them go till it got to the mods.

I mean, it's not like any of us are killing ourselves To make the tweaks. I mean, I hit a click quota daily but then I've never been afraid to wear a computer mouse out.

Gcode, truthfully this does not help much as if you wrote in MC and go back in and change to a peck cycle and repost is so much less work then dicking around trying to bring what you all ready did in the first place back in to make the change.

If your files are organized were you do not have hunt and peck to find the file. it really on takes a few min at most to pull a file back up and toggle using the example of drill to peck cycle change.

I do not see any advantages to this whole thought of what is being asked.

Just my opinion. sorry.

we didn't have the CAM files

the customer gave us 30 different parts and proven Cincinnati code

we had to run the parts on a Fanuc.

Reverse engineering the proven  Acramatic code into Fanuc was way quicker

than reprogramming 30 different part.

once I had the Predator VCNC machine set up I was converting 5 or 6 files a day

we didn't have the CAM files

the customer gave us 30 different parts and proven Cincinnati code

we had to run the parts on a Fanuc.

Reverse engineering the proven Acramatic code into Fanuc was way quicker

than reprogramming 30 different part.

once I had the Predator VCNC machine set up I was converting 5 or 6 files a day

Well, now that makes perfect sense. that's what I get for skimming.

Man I miss Acramatic controls.

Guest MTB Technical Services

We have no crack problem in Finland as far as I know . I think there is an off topic section somewhere else.....

But back to the initial Q & A . It has been some 15-20 yrs since I tried this other software but I remember drawing a rectangle and getting NC code for machining and I remember changing

the NC code and going back to the graphical interface and seeing a change in the shape. Same went for canned cycles.  

Gracjan

It should be obvious that you didn't update the operation in the CAM.

You simply updated the NC code then ran the backplot.

There is no CAM system on Planet Earth that can take the NC code it produced and read that back in to update the Operation in the CAM.

There never has been one that could do it and there isn't one today.

SURFCAM can read in an APT-CL file but all you get is a toolpath that you can't edit.

Close, but hardly what the original poster was discussing.

• 2 weeks later...