Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Simulator letter graphics

mreiss

I'm running X9 beta 3. Seems as though the simulator doesn't show toolpaths generated for letter geometry. When I backplot it does show the tool cutting below the top surface. Is anyone else having the same issue? Is there a setting for this?

• Like 1

The latest version of McamX9 is PC one, version #18.0.11209.0, you're going to want to uninstall beta3 because it will time out.

Here is an engraving tpath run in Verify without using accurate zoom, it was cut with a 15deg chamfer mill, 0.010 flat, .0075 step over.

post-14333-0-48709700-1431714947_thumb.jpg

The latest version of McamX9 is PC one vs #18.0.11209.0, you're going to want to uninstall beta3 because it will time out.

Here is an engraving tpath run in Verify without using accurate zoom, it was cut with a 15deg chamfer mill, 0.010 flat, .0075 step over.

That's because in X9 it turns it up for you when it's done   :)

I'm thinking he has a bigger part, and it's ragged because of the size

The latest version of McamX9 is PC one vs #18.0.11209.0, you're going to want to uninstall beta3 because it will time out.

I'm cutting with a 1/8" ball mill .01 deep .375 letters. I've done this time and time again with X8 with no problems at all. The acurate zoom trick did not work either.  

Check your cut depth and stock definition. I've stumped myself with that before, having programmed the cutter to just skim the stock without removing anything.

Ha, was just thinking how embarrassed I'd be if I asked all this then realized I'd left a "-" off making it go .010 above. I always use contour anyway.

In the new verify you can have

initial stock

the work piece

and the stock

on the screen

only the stock gets material removed by a tool path

I think you have the stock turned off and the work piece or initial stock on your screen

so you are not seeing any material removal

There are too many variables we don't know about your file, are you projecting letters to a flat surface normal to the letters, is it an angled surface, is it a curved surface, have you run a pile of roughing / semi finish tpaths prior to the engraving? What are your STL tolerances? What is your graphics support? Is your verify utility running the 5axis engine or has it been switched to use 3axis? Are you running all the toolpaths together or did you bring in a stock model? Is the toolpath prior to the engraving cutting to the correct depth?