Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X9 is now released

Jayson Kramer

Strange thing is that didnt work for some odd reason.

when i copied the file path that was in X6  which is "C:\USERS\PUBLIC\DOCUMENTS\SHARED MCAMX9\CNC_MACHINES\"

that works to point our files in the proper directories.   I dunno how... I think it has something to do with how the default control was setup.

• 2 weeks later...

I opened a file sent to me from our engineer. When I go to save it on my computer, it comes up and says permission denied. I am administrator on this computer and my maintenance was updated on 5-20-2015 with a new code. What could be causing this?

The only thing that could cause it is whatever folder you're writing it too, you don't have permission.....

Check that folder, admin rights depending on how that are granted doesn't always open everything up...

But it's a permission issue for sure

Try saving to your desktop as a test

• 1 month later...

I dd a quick thing to cover migration here

http://newenglandcam.us/2015/05/updating-to-mastercam-x9/

I installed X9.

Then ran the Migration Wizard as you suggested. Skipping the CONFIG files.

The migration took a while... and it seemed like I could have omitted some other file types.

What are the suggested files ? ( bare minimums )

To help streamline the install on other computers here at work...

Maybe I could get away with only these ?

op libraries

control defs

default files

tool libraries

mach defs

post files

thoughts ???

We don't use set up sheets or Probing. No wire or Mill-Turn yet...

thanks

• 4 months later...

Hoping this is a good place for the problem.

I am currently running X8. I just received X9 disc and installed it successfully, however, it won't open.

I get  " The program can't start because mfc120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix problem"

I have reinstalled from disc on online several times with no luck. The dll exist on my C: but I'm wondering if it needs to be somewhere else as well? Or maybe mcam just doesn't see it?

W7 Enterprise on HP Z400 Workstation

Any thoughts?

• 3 months later...

Hi! I'm new to the forum and am trying to work out some things with X9. I use A Mac and have Parallels version 10.2.1 running windows 7. Is anyone on here running X9 on A Mac? Or with Parallels? I downloaded X9 but when it opens it goes into A primitive state and won't work or let you do anything in it. I am wondering if I do A Parallels update to windows 10 if it will work? Or download Bootcamp to my mac to get it to work? If anyone has any experience with this please let me know if you've figured anything out. Thanks!