Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cannot install x9

jas6142

I have downloaded x9, try and install a installation manager box pops up and only gives me repair or uninstall?  Doesn't matter If i try to repair or uninstall neither one are successful. they both create a log file if that helps?  I did have x9 public beta loaded, but I uninstalled, deleted folders and removed registry keys before I tried to install latest x9.

I have downloaded x9, try and install a installation manager box pops up and only gives me repair or uninstall?  Doesn't matter If i try to repair or uninstall neither one are successful. they both create a log file if that helps?  I did have x9 public beta loaded, but I uninstalled, deleted folders and removed registry keys before I tried to install latest x9.

ditto

Did you delete the Mastercam Licensing Installer too?  It will download a new one with X9.  I'm trying to think of little things you might be missing.  Did you have Mastercam for Solidworks Installed.  I had to delete this and the registry keys for it before installing X9.  Hope you figure it out.

I deleted it all by all the instructions I could find here. Called my reseller he worked on it for about 45 mins. making sure I didn't miss anything. He didn't have any luck so we are waiting to hear from cnc? If he figures it out I will post what we did to fix it.

• Like 1

I use "jv16 Power Tools" to clean the registry when I uninstall a program. You'll be surprised how many entries you'll find. Search for Mastercam and mcx9, don't be surprised if you find more than 4000 entries, delete all of them.

post-15472-0-29325700-1433239567_thumb.jpg

I had to delete key {3A6C4379-6FDD-4525-B28B-5AFCE93BCF63} 2 places from the registry for mcfsw.  And key {9869D25D-C67E-4282-B4D0-DB6218BC94D5} 2 places for just regular  mcx9How

How do I go about doing this?