Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cant access my Mastercam

StoneyNH

Got BIG problems & need help.Ive been using Mastercam since 2010 with no support.Now when I go to open up Mastercam it says I cant because no SIM found.(Whats SIM mean?)

From what I understand the SIM is the key that's plugged into the back of my computer? So what would make my computer not be able to read it?

Or am I way off & this isn't the problem?

If the SIM is there on the computer, it should be a red thing that is lit up only the back of your computer most likely, then my guess is some windows updates may have been run and the windows driver for the aladdin hasp got installed.....

You can try going into 

C:\mcamx\common

and running

HASPUserSetup.exe

Which should reinstall the proper driver

Cant call,no support,been working unsupported since 2010,my key that plugs into my pc is purple.Do these things fail? Our IT guy contacted Mastercam (which has been bought out?) & he says the key is no good that it isn't working.

Im using XCAM4. IT guy says he cant find proper driver to get it to work? Because the driver used now is different & he doesn't know which one to use.

Cant call,no support,been working unsupported since 2010,my key that plugs into my pc is purple.Do these things fail? Our IT guy contacted Mastercam (which has been bought out?) & he says the key is no good that it isn't working.

Im using XCAM4. IT guy says he cant find proper driver to get it to work? Because the driver used now is different & he doesn't know which one to use.

Yes, they do on occasion fail, if the HASP has failed, you can install the driver 100x's and it won't matter

and yes, Services 4 Automation was bought out by Cimquest in Oct 2011

I posted above how to re-install the driver

Sad the company I work for wont spend the money to upgrade so I can get Mastercam back.I think the IT guy said Mastercam would upgrade for $2000.Theyd rather toss 15 yrs of programs out the window.I haven't done anything since last Friday at noon.So they've already lost $2000 worth of production far as I figure.

So theyre going to set me up with Camworks & Ill have to do everything from scratch.My experience with comparing Mastercam to Camworks is like I had a brand new Cadillac with all the options & now theyre giving me a 1982 Ford Tempo with a cracked windshield & a passenger door that wont open.

So the powers that be would rather pony up for a seat of CW, which would probably cost considerably more that reinstating your MC license. WTF?

I have limited experience with CAMWORKS. That being said, IMO, it suxx. There's a Solid Edge Blog out there where the author has been fighting with CW for quit some time now.  Google it, it's a decent read. 

Bill is in the position of they bought CW's years ago.......they dropped Mastercam maintenance & support and he continued to use it.......

It looks like they have determined that they are going to get something out of that CW's invest now.....or at least they're going to try

so if I'm off maintenance.. and my hasp dies, it have to renew maintenance to buy a new hasp??

Do you have to, not that I am aware, however, dealers will handle customers that are so far out of date differently, I'm sure

With that said, I doubt that Bill's company would spend the $$ on a new hasp if it only cost $1

Do you have to, not that I am aware, however, dealers will handle customers that are so far out of date differently, I'm sure

With that said, I doubt that Bill's company would spend the $$ on a new hasp if it only cost $1

We had a seat  of NX5 that was off maintenance.

The license server died and had to be replaced.

I was quoted $1K for new codes... we don't do business with NX anymore

Yup, that will leave a bad taste for sure......

I don't necessarily like the business model but, you don't own the software, you lease it.......when they haven't gotten any $$$ out of you for years, the vultures will certainly swoop in and see if there's a payout.....in the bigger picture, when you've been off Maintenance for 7 years, you aren't likely giving them anymore $$$ any way, so they may try to prod the user.....really nothing to lose at that point as distasteful as it may be..... 

In the words of Michael Corleone, "It's not personal, it's business"

In the words of Michael Corleone, "It's not personal, it's business"

That's half the problem - it SHOULD be personal.

I buy from people who I know (where practical).

People buy from people. Too many business's forget this in the greedy world we now live in.

• Like 1