Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

issue selecting post processor

I made a new post processor for CNC with mastercam X.

I tested my post and made some G code with out any issues.

After I tried to play with the component files and better understand that section of mastercam.

Now I have this error when I select my file in the MACHINE TYPE:

SELECTED MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE VALID AXIS COMBINATION.

THE GROUP'S MACHINE WILL NOT BE REPLACED WITH THIS ONE.

So I cannot genarate code this way.

The only way I can modify my post and genarate g code right now is by opening previous mastercam files that I did in the past and link with the post.

Can soneone help me fix this please?

• Like 1

Your Machine Definition File has been messed with. You need to open the Machine Definition Manager. Open your Machine Definition File (if you launch the MDM with your Machine Def loaded in the Operations Manager, the MDM will open with your active Machine Definition loaded...).

On the top row of buttons in the MDM dialog, there is a button for Axis Combinations. An Axis Combination tells Mastercam what combination of Linear and Rotary Axes "work together" on your machine. (This isn't read by the post processor for most posts, it is only looked at by Mastercam when creating a new toolpath, to see what kind of machine kinematics you've got.)

Right-Click and "create a new" axis combo. (If one already exists, just make sure to check the linear/rotary axes, and the "ending components").

When you build an Axis Combination, you are building the "branches" of a tree that tells Mastercam what linear and rotary axes you have on your machine, and how they work together. Each branch must end in either a "Work Holding" Component, or a "Tool Holding" Component.

For a simple 3 Axis Machine, you might have two branches in the Kinematic Tree. The first might be X, then Y, and finally a "Machine Table". (This is your work holding component.) The next branch might be the Z axis, then the Machine Spindle (tool holding component).

You need to make sure you've got the boxes checked to add at least XYZ to your Axis Combo, with a "Table" and a "Spindle" being the terminating components in the chain.

For a Vertical 4X machine, you might have X, then Y, then skip the table, an "A" axis rotary, and finally a "Mill/Chuck" component (work holding) that terminates the chain. The spindle would still be Z > Spindle.

If you have an existing Axis Combo, it is possible you are just missing a checkbox setting.