Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Restoring NCI file

Tinyfxds

Not sure if any else has been having this issue but the last few files I've been working on have been taking a long to load when opening.  At the bottom of the screen where it shows what Mastercam is doing it says restoring nci file and sometimes it takes up to 5 or 6 minutes to load my file.  It also does it when I open up the plane manager for some reason too.  That doesn't usually take as long as the initial file load but it still lags quite a bit.

Any advice at what I could do to fix this?  File sizes are medium to large but nothing out of the ordinary.

• 3 years later...

Yes!

I've been getting this quite a lot!

To turn of 'logging' ....

First - double click the Mastercam event log icon in the lower right system tray.

Second - if you are seeing what I see, the event log screen will be flashing all sorts of information. Mine is mainly 'bnci_write_to_disc()-invalid operation ID in NCI line'.  In this screen, right click then click on 'stop logging'. This should (as mine does) allow your program to load.

I run from a server so I'm not sure if this is a server issue or not?

HTH Andy.

I'm also wondering if this is an engraving issue?
The file I am working on currently has this issue, and there is / are / were some issues with getting the engraving to work!
My chain selection didn't get anything from solids, so I had to create wire frame and use that.  This had to be selected by individual selection, as 'windowing' didn't select anything either.  Then when all chains showed as selected, only some verification happened, then all!?????
Very odd.

Andy.