Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Active Reports poor performance

nickzrt81

I am currently running x9. I have altered/created a mill active report that has all my info needed. The problem is that anything other than a very simple 2d cut processes very very slow or may even go unresponsive.  When looking at the windows task manager my system is only allocating 10% or so to this process or any mastercam process for that matter.   Does anyone have any fix to speed up this process or x9 in general?    I have contacted my mastercam distributor and they have stated it works ok on their end although not as fast as it should be.  Thanks

System:

win 7 64bit

i7 core processor

16gb

nvidea k2000 2 gb

250gb hd

mastercam x9

I am currently running x9. I have altered/created a mill active report that has all my info needed. The problem is that anything other than a very simple 2d cut processes very very slow or may even go unresponsive.  When looking at the windows task manager my system is only allocating 10% or so to this process or any mastercam process for that matter.   Does anyone have any fix to speed up this process or x9 in general?    I have contacted my mastercam distributor and they have stated it works ok on their end although not as fast as it should be.  Thanks

System:

win 7 64bit

i7 core processor

16gb

nvidea k2000 2 gb

250gb hd

mastercam x9

Can you email Technical DOT Support AT mastercam DOT com with your issue and include a sample drawing if possible and the reports so that we can try and replicate the problem.

• 9 months later...

The delay is possibly caused by displaying a MIN/MAX value which forces a read of the binary NCI file. FAQ 50333: https://kb.mastercam.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50333.aspx

If you don't think this is the case would you be able to send us example drawings and the report you are using so we can run some performance tests to help improve performance?

To be clear, this is not Setup Sheet Report Viewer (ActiveReports) that is slow it is Mastercam generating the XML data for the report viewer from the binary NCI as stated in the FAQ above.
Edited by Mick from CNC Software Inc.
  • Like 1
  • 9 months later...

This seems an old thread, but I had the same issue. Mine is now sorted but I have no idea why, all my Mastercam data files were saved to an internal ssd drive and would take an age to run an active report, I then decided to use an external usb3 ssd drive for my data. When I ran my active report I was blown away as it was almost instant and has been this way ever since. As I say, I have no idea why but maybe it will help someone else figure out the issue.

• Like 1