Sign in to follow this  
kccadcam

Reporting Computation Error........

X8 - Surface High Speed Hybrid :

Keep getting "Reporting Computation Error" when regenerating the toolpath.

Seems to be tied into the Arc Filter/Tolerance page????

Happens randomly and today have one I cannot get to regen no matter what I try...

Is there a way to track down what's causing the error????

• Like 1

Try turning off any depth limits for the operation. Sometimes if your limits are set to an area that contains no surface geometry, I've had that happen. Start by making sure you've got the right WCS/Planes selected, then shut off the depth limits and see if that is causing the error...

• Like 1

Also check your setting in the parameters page. Sometimes they default to really weird numbers. Have to stop and look at every section to see what got changed to change it back to what you had originally then it will work.

• Like 1

Had the same issue using MC2017, in my case, the check surfaces were the problem.
After removing them i was able to regenerate with 0.0001 filter tolerance no problem.

Thank you everyone for the pointers.

waterline just did this to me,unchecking  "contain to tool contact point"   fixed it

i have problem in mastercam 2017 that if i use the 3d hst toolpath is not generating is there any thing that i need to change in settings.

it is keep on repeating computational error

Also make sure to check if the rest roughing option isn't on while there is no material to find...

10 hours ago, Boo said:

Also make sure to check if the rest roughing option isn't on while there is no material to find...

Make sure you are using a good stock model that is NOT marked clean that is really dirty.

Edited by 5th Axis CGI
  • Like 1

part was probably already shipped in 2015 lol, this topic has died a long time ago and someone brought it back from the grave so no point to keep making suggestions for him lol

On 5/15/2019 at 9:50 PM, JoshC said:

part was probably already shipped in 2015 lol, this topic has died a long time ago and someone brought it back from the grave so no point to keep making suggestions for him lol

To be honest, I find a lot of useful information in old topics. So maybe there is no point making suggestions for him, but it might still be useful for others who run into similar problems in newer versions.. there is always a point to sharing information! :)

• Like 1