Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Windows 10, lost communications

mwc815

Ok, while I was away for the holiday my boss installed Windows 10 on my computer. I lost my communications to the cnc, but still have network/internet access. Computer has 2 network ports, 1 for the local network/internet and 1 that is connected to a Haas ethernet port. They are bridged and the ip is set to a specific address, while the Haas is set to an address that is 1 higher. I have a shared folder on the C drive that I save my programs into and load them into the cnc from the controller. While creating the network bridge for the 2 ports, I get a warning that the ip address is being used and it will only work for 1 of the ports. Using command/ipconfig, the settings are right. Ping sees the cnc. This method has been working for years on 4 computer/cnc setups using XP or Win7. I dont know if its win10, norton ow whatever else. I have about 4 hours into this and nothing works.

Mike

Guest MTB Technical Services

Ok, while I was away for the holiday my boss installed Windows 10 on my computer. I lost my communications to the cnc, but still have network/internet access. Computer has 2 network ports, 1 for the local network/internet and 1 that is connected to a Haas ethernet port. They are bridged and the ip is set to a specific address, while the Haas is set to an address that is 1 higher. I have a shared folder on the C drive that I save my programs into and load them into the cnc from the controller. While creating the network bridge for the 2 ports, I get a warning that the ip address is being used and it will only work for 1 of the ports. Using command/ipconfig, the settings are right. Ping sees the cnc. This method has been working for years on 4 computer/cnc setups using XP or Win7. I dont know if its win10, norton ow whatever else. I have about 4 hours into this and nothing works.

Mike

I've seen this before.

Delete the serial ports from the device manager and then let the system refresh and find them again.

Struggled with this all day. I have a printer that i share with other computers. Worked from mine, not theirs. Go to check settings, win10 wants me to install a print app. WTF? Give up, revert to win7 and during startup the printer starts printing. Check the cnc and it sees the shared folder with the nc code. There goes a day I'll never get back. Oh yea, you have 30 days to revert to the old os. Back to work now.

Mike

• Like 1