Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Issues using M10 to lock my Rotary A-axis.

Hey, trying to sort out the final issues with my rotary A axis.

I'm using an RT-160 model on a Doosan DNM 500 VMC with a Fanuc i-series controller. 

The issue I'm having is that the controller stops on the M10 when the axis locks. It reads the M11 perfectly fine and proceeds with the A-axis rotation but when it hits the M10 it locks the axis and does not continue with the program. 

Has anyone else run into the issue, or have any suggestions as to what the problem might be? 

Any help is appreciated :) 

Guest MTB Technical Services

Contact Doosan tech support.

The problem is most likely a keep relay or a mistake in the PMC.

You can also double check if the M10 is a customized M-Code.

If it is, take a look at the code in the sub for it.

@dstyr: The controller defaults to M11 on startup. There is no way to test the A-axis without it.

@MTB: The M10 appears to be a standard command on this controller (I'm assuming you were asking if it ran a subprogram like M6 does with a tool change.).

I'll take your suggestion and see if I can get a hold of someone in tech support.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Any resolution to this problem? I am an Applications Engineer for Doosan and I just saw this post. Never saw this problem in our showroon but we only use Koma tables on our verticals. I usually don't even use the clamp or unclamp M codes because Koma tables clamp and unclamp automatically without using M codes. Still, if it was a control problem, the machine would choke on the M10 no matter what. let me know if you got this resolved and if not, I can dig further. I was also going to ask if it causes an issue if you just MDI an M10.

Paul