Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

"Invalid tool profile" MCX8 to MCX9 issues

DavidSV

I have a program that was verifying this morning on X8. When I installed X9, now every tool gives a message "invalid Tool Profile" they are all standard tool profiles that MCX8 created when I created the tools.Is there a fix other than rebuilding all the tools in X9?

Thanks

David

• 1 month later...

Ive been having this problem more and more often lately. I am using a custom library that was created for our Horizontal back in X5. The library has been updated and used in every version of Mastercam between X5 and X9. I didn't start having problems with the tools until I started using them in X9. NONE of the tools were custom. They were all created using Mastercam default tools.

Is there a simple way to fix this problem without having to re-create the tools every time? Can the library be fixed without having to re-create it from scratch?

One thing that I notice - there is a link to the old default tool (bullmill etc) all the way back to X5. Is there a way to break that link in the library?

SKBhiLl.png

The "invalid Tool Profile" error will pop up if your tool's reach and OAL are the same, or if you have a shoulder that aligns perfectly with the end of the holder.  I've had to tweak a number of tools to deal with it.

For the link to old geometry, I believe you can break the link.  I don't have Mcam at home right now so I can't look into it, but IIRC if you look into the tool manager there's a button to break that link.  You may need to replace it with an updated link though.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

I have to bump this up because I'm having this exact problem. Simulation fails ("invalid tool profile") because most of the tools in the tool library refer to old X5 and X7 folders! How on earth do you change them? Need to create everything from scratch?

I have to bump this up because I'm having this exact problem. Simulation fails ("invalid tool profile") because most of the tools in the tool library refer to old X5 and X7 folders! How on earth do you change them? Need to create everything from scratch?

What version are you currently running?

Have your custom tool libraries been updated to tool databases?

I have seen issues moving from a legacy <dot>tools-*ver* library to tool database format, especially with tools defined using MCX files.

What worked best for me was to use the MCX files that define the custom tool profiles and load them into a new clean tool database. Once the tools are loaded and saved you will no longer need to link them to the MCX data.