Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Posting Error

Good morning

I updated a post from X7 to X9

now when posting I receive a posting error message, which I did not receive in previous versions of X

PST LINE (984) - Quotes on string do not match

PST LINE (2033) -  Missing a matching close bracket

I cannot seem to find these errors, how can I specifically find these line numbers in the post?

thank you

George

Hey George, long time no talk, hope all is well with you  :)

Code Expert also has a few other features you may find helpful when working on posts.  One I definitely recommend checking out (as it relates to one of your errors above) is the matching delimiter highlighting.  If you click on the open brackets in you post blocks (i.e. [ ), the matching closing bracket will be highlighted.  I usually change the highlight color to something obvious like red.  To change the color, click on the File tab (top left corner), then click Options.  Go to Fonts and Colors under MP and select Delimiter Matching.  Change the color as desired:

post-1176-0-71108100-1443898425_thumb.jpg

Now when you click on a bracket, it and the matching bracket will be highlighted:

post-1176-0-67649100-1443898463_thumb.jpg

There are several other options there you can also adjust such as comment colors, have a play with them for a few minutes, they are pretty self explanatory.

Other cool post features include tool tips that provide information for pre-defined postblocks and variables (the ones with the $) as well as functions and commands:

post-1176-0-69506100-1443898512_thumb.jpg

Code Expert also includes autocomplete when typing:

post-1176-0-72430500-1443898539_thumb.jpg

The list that appears can be filtered by enabling or disabling the buttons at the bottom of that popup window and tooltips appear when you hover over items in the list.

The list is also product specific.  If you right click in the document window you can select the product that the post is for and the list of variables, postblocks, etc will filter for those items relevant for the given product (for example, you do not want to use wire variables in Mill or router posts):

post-1176-0-06520800-1443898655_thumb.jpg

One last item that is really helpful is the ability to add collapsible regions.  This allows you to compress the entire post and only see the sections you wish to see rather than scrolling through hundreds of lines of code:

post-1176-0-29148400-1443898715_thumb.jpg

(this section is in the Generic Fanuc 4X Mill.pst fle)

Just add #region to begin a section (add a name or comment on the same line so you can tell what the region is for when closed down) and #endregion at the end of the code you wish to include:

post-1176-0-65025300-1443898763_thumb.jpg