Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X9 HLE (Home Learning Edition) Crashing

KartEnthusiast

Hello to whomever reads this,

I am a student just beginning learn Mastercam. I am using Mastercam X9 HLE (Home Learning Edition) and it worked for a few weeks with no problem. Now it doesn't even open and directs me to the crash report message in the picture I uploaded. I have submitted the forms in the crash report twice and nothing happened. I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing it, but it still sends me to the crash report. Anyone have any advice on how to get it running again?

My sincerest thanks,

KartEnthusiast

post-65295-0-33811600-1444084926_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hello,

What are the specifications of your computer? What is your operating system, graphics card model, how much RAM do you have, etc.

One thing to try is to go to Windows Start > All Programs/Apps > Mastercam X9 Demo-HLE > Advanced Configuration, then look for Graphics Support and disable hardware acceleration.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I seem to be having a similar problem with a laptop, MasterCAM opens but after I draw a couple of rectangles or any geometry, a notification comes up saying that the display driver has stopped responding and has recovered but all I can do is close mastercam.

specs are as follows

HP envy notebook

6th gen. I7

16GB RAM

Win 10

4 GB NVIDIA GTX graphics dedicated

I have tried disabling hardware acceleration (not that I should have to with these specs) but no difference.

This a brand new computer.

My company just bought the mill essentials book and it came with the x9 home learning edition. I am trying to install it on my home pc, everything seems to install fine but when it launches it crashes instantly. In the log the crash says McUex:Mastercam raised an Unhandled Exception. Looking at the system requirements I have windows 7 home premium (requires professional) and my video card is an Intel G45/G43 (definitely not right), but would this cause the error I am seeing?

Hello 79rr79,

You might be able to get it to work by disabling graphics hardware acceleration.

One thing to try is to go to Windows Start > All Programs/Apps > Mastercam X9 Demo-HLE > Advanced Configuration, then look for Graphics Support and disable hardware acceleration.

If that doesn't work it's possible the computer isn't able to run X9, either due to the hardware or the operating system.

Hello Radical1,

Are you using Windows 10 home or pro?

Are there any updates for your Nvidia drivers available?

You may also need to update .NET framework to a newer version.

Finally, does your laptop also have integrated graphics in addition to the GTX card?

Just an update to my issue, I found that the computer was running both onboard intel graphics AND NVIDIA graphics the NVIDIA graphics were not running MasterCAM, that is why the Intel graphics were crashing. I had to go to the graphics setup and use NVIDIA graphics all the time.

Thanks Daniel for the help.

Richard

• 1 month later...