Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

a good "regular" mouse

jlw™

Wired mice are significantly lighter than wireless. I'm considering going to one of these 3D Connexion wired CAD mice. Pushing all that extra weight around is a real drag on your wrist.

So I think I'm going to get one of those Logitech g500's. So, where are the 10 programmable buttons and why do they range from $62 to $282? None of the descriptions I've read state why one is more expensive.

Which one to get?

uhh I don't see any with 10 programmable buttons?

Mine is the 60-70 dollar version. It has just 3 buttons on the left side for your thumb, they are for forwards backwards and one programmable. 

You can also switch sensitivity on the fly with the +/- buttons to get it where you like it, and unlock the scroll wheel for faster scrolling when you want. 

This be the one. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G500-Programmable-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B002J9GDXI

Although it looks like it's no longer sold by logitech so that's why the price is ridiculous on amazon. Check out this link though to try? 

http://www.rectatech.com/logitech-gaming-mouse-g500-10-btn-wired-usb-mouse?___store=us

They revved the part # to the G500s. It looks alright, but I can't give my stamp since I haven't used one. 

I am with you Gcode, feels like thumb coming off. I find them to slow to. I will always be a mouse man. I need fast and accurate with options.

I've been using them since the early 90's, so I guess my thumb is acclimatized.  Do your shoulders and back hurt after long mousing sessions?

I thought I would do a little test , so I just did a weight test. on the 3D Connexion CadMouse and the Logitech  Performance MX. The CadMouse is a Wired mouse with a nice braided cord and for one thought that dose not tangle up.

The Performance MX is a wireless mouse. The MX is weighing in at about pound. I am sure this is a lot due to the rechargeable batteries inside.

The Cad Mouse is weighing in at the same. Now the bottom base on the Cadmouse is a Aluminum base and middle roller wheel also. giving it some of what I like,  a little feel of something there in your hand.

I forgot to point out that the button below the wheel give you a option for more controls options on the screen.

The size of the two mouse's are a lot a like. looking at the pictures side by side may help.

I hope this helps some when looking at these two top contenders.

post-1097-0-08663800-1444409403_thumb.jpg

post-1097-0-47547100-1444409415_thumb.jpg

post-1097-0-37073500-1444409433_thumb.jpg

Wired mice are significantly lighter than wireless. I'm considering going to one of these 3D Connexion wired CAD mice. Pushing all that extra weight around is a real drag on your wrist.

I actually prefer the weight of the wireless mouse,..

can't stand wired mice, it's like a junk yard dog at the end of his chain

• Like 1

I use for my main the 3D connexion mouse love it. and then I have a few of the Logitech Performance mouse's John and Ben are using.

Here are a few of the mouses I use in my office.

Jay,

How does that quick zoom work?  Also, there is a dedicated middle click button.  You don't click the mouse wheel any more, how awkward is it to get to that click button behind the scroll wheel?

I think I'm going to try one of those.

Some were I am missing the quick zoom thought. As for the wheel by default still does dynamic rotation. but if set it to do something else you now have the middle button for rotation and the wheel to zoom.

if you look at my picture above of the mouse you notice the wheel is actually between the left and middle button. I got used to REAL quick I was surprised.

• 1 year later...

So, since this time I've tried a couple more mouses, meese, mice, mousii or whatever the correct term is.  I have really really really really liked the MSI DS200.  I also really like the Roccat Kova but I have a couple buttons disabled on it that my hand hits because it's an ambidextrous mouse.

The MSI DS200 is probably the most comfortable mouse ever in my hand.

https://us.msi.com/Multimedia/Interceptor-DS200-GAMING-Mouse.html#hero-overview

I did find another Logitech G402 like the one that started this conversation but it's not the same.  Maybe it's because I have now used the MSI.  Any way, just wanted to share.

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...
19 minutes ago, StevenBrown said:

When you talk about quality and affordable gaming mouse then logitech is the 1st name which comes in mind, or peripherals in a broad sense. It usually has a baseline of quality that is just very good. They also seem to find innovations that truly work and last. Their wireless tech right now for example... if I would ever go wireless on mice for gaming, it'd be with that. You can also try Razer Basilisk mouse if you have a budget. I believe logitech mouse and razor will generate your interest. Though if you are interested in looking for such options then i recommend check out this list  https://www.reviewsed.com/best-gaming-mouse-under-50/

Hey Spammer promote some other website.

7 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:
26 minutes ago, StevenBrown said:

When you talk about quality and affordable gaming mouse then logitech is the 1st name which comes in mind, or peripherals in a broad sense. It usually has a baseline of quality that is just very good. They also seem to find innovations that truly work and last. Their wireless tech right now for example... if I would ever go wireless on mice for gaming, it'd be with that. You can also try Razer Basilisk mouse if you have a budget. I believe logitech mouse and razor will generate your interest. Though if you are interested in looking for such options then i recommend check out this list  https://www.reviewsed.com/best-gaming-mouse-under-50/

Hey Spammer promote some other website.

I use the blackweb one, it's great for the price, I would never buy logitech lol..

On 10/8/2015 at 10:53 AM, Matthew Hajicek - Conventus said:

Eww!  You guys use mice?  That's like kiddy stuff!  Real programmers use trackballs!   :harhar:

I tried one, and really liked it, for the most part.  Unfortunately it gave me some pain in my hand so I went back to a standard mouse..  It was an Elecom EX-G Pro.

The standard mouse I use now is a "Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed"  It's a gaming mouse, but pretty basic, and only like $40.

**edit** aaaaaand I just saw I replied to a 6 year old post....cool.

• Haha 2