Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 geometry selection problem...

Dontech

Hello, all. Happy Friday.

My Shop's ancient Mastercam X-MR2, which I've spoken about a few times in the past, has finally been retired in favor of X6, and so far the transition has mostly gone smoothly. However, I keep running into a very aggravating problem with geometry selection that we never had to deal with in X. I'm sure there's an easy answer but so far I'm stumped.

When I am selecting multiple geometries on the screen with the 'chain' tool, I can select the whole chain only on the first feature. When I go to the next feature the selection tool always reverts back to 'single' selection mode. How do I fix this so that the selection tool always stays in whatever mode I put it in...like it did in version X? 

Rob.post-25121-0-10372100-1444405354_thumb.jpg

It's a config setting but I'm not at my workstation right now to tell you the exact setting.

Keep in mind, without using that dropdown, if you want to select a chain, hold down shift and click the chain. If you want a partial chain, hold down shift, click the first entity of the chain (the whole chain will select), then click the last entity of the chain. If you want a single entity, just click on it.

Thank you for the reply, Thad.

I looked all through the Config/Settings but couldn't find anything to help me. Then, in messing around with the buttons I discovered that, after clicking the drop-down, if I right-click on the selection instead of left-click, it locks that selection in until I choose some other selection tool. That's what I wanted. :thumbsup:

Thanks again.

Rob.