Dontech

X6 geometry selection problem...

Hello, all. Happy Friday.

My Shop's ancient Mastercam X-MR2, which I've spoken about a few times in the past, has finally been retired in favor of X6, and so far the transition has mostly gone smoothly. However, I keep running into a very aggravating problem with geometry selection that we never had to deal with in X. I'm sure there's an easy answer but so far I'm stumped.

When I am selecting multiple geometries on the screen with the 'chain' tool, I can select the whole chain only on the first feature. When I go to the next feature the selection tool always reverts back to 'single' selection mode. How do I fix this so that the selection tool always stays in whatever mode I put it in...like it did in version X? 

Rob.post-25121-0-10372100-1444405354_thumb.jpg

It's a config setting but I'm not at my workstation right now to tell you the exact setting.

Keep in mind, without using that dropdown, if you want to select a chain, hold down shift and click the chain. If you want a partial chain, hold down shift, click the first entity of the chain (the whole chain will select), then click the last entity of the chain. If you want a single entity, just click on it.

Thank you for the reply, Thad.

I looked all through the Config/Settings but couldn't find anything to help me. Then, in messing around with the buttons I discovered that, after clicking the drop-down, if I right-click on the selection instead of left-click, it locks that selection in until I choose some other selection tool. That's what I wanted. :thumbsup:

Thanks again.

Rob.

I leave mine at Single and use the Right Click method you found posted above.

If you want to change, open your config and change under  "Default chaining mode"

2lxftps.jpg

http://2lxftps.jpg

HTH

:cheers:

Try right clicking on the chain icon in the selection menu. In later versions it locks it down.