Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

toolpath tree/manager search

jlw™

• 1 year later...

I have a project at work I am tasked with. It is associating Tool# to In Process Inspection. So I am currently having to review programs, inspection plans and correlate where and what part features can "easily" be checked at the machine.....So with a little over 1500 tools not already existing on an Inspection Plan I have a bit of work to do.

The right click drop drop down in the Toolpath Mgr is great, but is there a way to shorting up the key stroke to get there via hot key or adding to right button menu????

Thanks in advance!

MCx9 BTW

Thanks Glen, but thats not exactly what I was looking for.

Sounds like (according to local MC office) I'd need to write a C-Hook. I was hopping that I cold just configure a hot key or add to the left mouse button to save some moves......but doesn't look like its that easy.

Attached a Snagit of what I was looking to short cut. In the Toolpath MGR you can right click and in the drop down choose "Select", then sort by tool........I have roughly 1500 tools in a couple dozen programs to verify and link to QC ops. So any short cut for this repetitive task today and in the future would be great..

Mastercam.png

• Like 1

You are looking for a quicker way to “select” all Operations that use a specific Tool# ?
You used the term “sort” here, so that’s why I’m asking for clarification ->

In the Toolpath MGR you can right click and in the drop down choose "Select", then sort by tool…

Also, what version of Mastercam are you running? Appears to be X9?

X9 is correct.

Maybe I can clarify. One of my task is to review our Part Inspection Plan, and that entails me looking at the QC Dept plan and verifying a Tool# is in fact tied to the feature in their plan. 

As part of that process, I am reviewing the MC files to verify the tool is actually a finishing (as opposed to roughing) tool and it is machining the feature it is attached to in the plan. 

So...the repetitive steeps I am taking that would be nice to stream line if possible is this: 

1) Hover mouse over “Toolpaths” screen.

2) Right click for pop up menu

2) From menu left click “Select” for Selection Options Window

4) Left click to select “Tool #”.

Once the Tool # is entered, I can see what operations the tool is used in. I back plot to verify the tool is machining the feature. 

It is just a few steps, I know. But currently I have around 1500 tools to review, and this is just getting started. a "hot key" as I call it could shave some time off this process.

thanks

Tony