Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

EDM Work Holding

I'm looking for an EDM work holder that swivels left to right and up and down, with the compounding angles being very accurate. I seen what I needed in a catalog a while back, of course didn't think to book mark the page then,  a few months have passed and I deeply regret that now; any link to something that is similar would be incredible, I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for an EDM work holder that swivels left to right and up and down, with the compounding angles being very accurate.

Can you be a little more specific as to "swivels" and define "very accurate"?  Are you looking for something you can move in the machine without breaking setup and has a vernier scale, or something to set on the bench using a roll or reverse angle to check it?  Are you in a wire or sinker?

To define "swivel" it needs to be adjustable to 45 degrees in the left to right movement and the same for the up and down movement; and as far as accuracy I'm looking to be within 5-10 seconds. Also this is for a Wire machine. It sounds absolutely ridiculous that someone would sell this standard but I found someone that did, but at the time my company shrugged an idea they were looking at going forward with so I disregarded the holder at the time. And for the most part this type of work holder would reside in the machine. What I had seen previously was a clamp that held on the backside of a part so it was extruding the part into the EDM  work table so the wire could get at it. It looked like it had two adjustable hex heads that would move it left to right and another one up and down.