Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pitch in your little gems that make mcam life easier

jlw™

No, for creating geometry.  For example, if you want to create a point a certain distance from another point I would create a point there then translate it.  If you shift-click you can type in X,Y,Z coords to put the point where you want it from the one click.  Try it with drawing lines or anything I've tried so far has worked.

• Like 9

No, for creating geometry.  For example, if you want to create a point a certain distance from another point I would create a point there then translate it.  If you shift-click you can type in X,Y,Z coords to put the point where you want it from the one click.  Try it with drawing lines or anything I've tried so far has worked.

Nice! I didn't know that. :thumbup:

This is one I use.  When analyzing a feature, you can type in new values for that feature.  If you click analyze entities or "F4" and then click on an arc, you can type in a new radius or diameter and hit enter.  Lines, click on line and change endpoints.  Etc...  So rather than doing a transform, projection or offset operation, you can alter the geometry at  the point of the analysis, once you hit enter, the entity will change.

This. You can also alter dimension notes and labels the same way. If you need to change what the label says, move it, resize it, etc after you already made it, just select the label and hit F4, and use the "Edit Text" option to change the text, and the "Quick Edit" option to move it and access the size option toolbars.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3