Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pitch in your little gems that make mcam life easier

jlw™

Thanks. The owner gave up maintenance so Iam only up to x7. Hope I can figure it out.

X7 is not that bad, Sorry oldest I got on this system is X8. In X7 you drag the icons into the created SNAP place for the Right Click. I remember when someone made a chook to customize the RMB in V9. We thought we had the best Software on the planet then.

Dynamic Planes allows you to change the T-C angle of an already create Plane. Example you are drilling a hole at an angle and need to change the angle of the drilled feature. The plane was originally created using the center line of the original hole. Go into the planes manager and use the Rotate Dynamic... Now grab the origin of the plane and drag it to the bottom of the line. Grab the top 1/3 of the Z arrow and click on the top of the line. Now you have the new rotation used for the plane. Click F9 if it is not already active. Then click on the origin of the plane and drag it back to its original place and done. Cool thing is if programming incrementally everything in your operation(s) using that plane has been changed and just needs to be regenerated.

HTH

• Like 1

I almost forgot.  Open 2 sessions of Mastercam (even though it says it is not supported).  Go to one screen select what ever entities you want, Ctrl-C, click on other screen in open space, Ctrl-V.  Very handy when you don't want to go through the trouble of importing/exporting geometry.

• Like 5

I almost forgot. Open 2 sessions of Mastercam (even though it says it is not supported). Go to one screen select what ever entities you want, Ctrl-C, click on other screen in open space, Ctrl-V. Very handy when you don't want to go through the trouble of importing/exporting geometry.

I was wondering if this would work. My reseller said it wouldn't save. Guess I could have tried it.

Regarding creating separators, add them from the menu on the left then drag them where you want.

• Like 2

Click on an arc F4 and change the start and end angle of an arc. Sometimes when doing Multi-Axis toolpaths if the start and end angles are not the same weird things will happen. By making sure if the they are full circles the start and end angled are the same it will help you with 5 Axis toolpaths where Full Arcs are being used.

Where this really helps is on machines where you have to worry about winding up the head or the table. You need to start at 90 degrees so you change the start angle to 90 and the end angle to 450. Still a 360 degree circle just starts and end differently.

I was wondering if this would work. My reseller said it wouldn't save. Guess I could have tried it.

Regarding creating separators, add them from the menu on the left then drag them where you want.

It saves for me.  I can remember back in the days of v7 and v9 that files could get corrupted by doing stuff like this, especially if they were large files.  It has been a very long time since I last saw a file get corrupted.  I don't know if it matters, but, I save both files before closing either of them.  Unfortunately, there are not a lot of us on the forum.  I'll bet there is a whole lot more tricks out there that we don't know about.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

2951 pages of 20 members adds up to a few

Sorry, I should have said "relatively speaking".

So just over 59000 members on the forum out of over 211,000 installed seats.  Some seats have multiple users, some people have passed on or retired.  Roughly 28% at best of official users are members on this forum.  We are in the minority.  How many of these members are only weekly or monthly visitors?  My point being, that there is a wealth of knowledge out there that has not made it's way into the forum.  We are not the only smart people out there.

Join entities:

For example, I do a "Create turn profile" in lathe, and get a lot of segmented lines.  I select all the entities and click on "Join entities".  Done.

In addition to "Join Entities", I'd recommend running the "Find Overlap" C-Hook. This C-Hook will check for lines and arcs that "overlap", or lie on top of each other, but without sharing the same start and endpoints. So they are not truly a "duplicate" entity. Sometimes Join will find and fix the issue, but not always. Find Overlap is just another useful tool...

• Like 5

if you double click into the graphg

I have "end selection" at the top and bottom of my RMB so that its always fairly close. X9 will only let me have it on there once. :question:

double clicking in the graphics area will also end your selection, saving the right click.

• Like 2