Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Parasolid (R) Kernel Interface Error

jdkhunter1

jdkhunter1,

In the part file you are running into the error "tag is invalid or dead" is there any boolean operations that are being used on a Solid?

If there is go through each boolean operation by expanding the tree and verify that they have all the solid bodies that you selected (any missing solid bodies in the operation recreate the solid and reference it then try saving).

The only other way around this is to use the "Save Solid AsIs" chook located on the main Mastercam download page and this will allow you to save the part.

NOTE: This will not fix the error but suppress it. When saving the solid with the Chook open another Mastercam session (leaving the part open on the other) and open the saved part verifying the solid looks okay. If anything is missing you will have to remove the solid history and then save.

I had this in X8 today, I was just modeling with no toolpath at the time. I just copied the solid into a new window of mastercam and it let me save. No errors in the tree, but I was using model prep alot at the end. Exact same error, I got a little nervous because I had a bit of time in it, between my saves.