Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mpmaster post and G93 / using X9

Hi guys,

i currently use two modified versions of mpmaster:

1. no inverse (for general 3 axis work)
  2. inverse (for 4 axis work where i have xya axis moving simultaneously) better surface finish ....

Question is can I get away with one version using a miscellaneous integer to switch between upm or inverse time?

I'm thinking some sort of variable but not sure where to put it / call it out.

TIA

found it, here is what i changed using mi7:

#Feedrate calculationspfcalc          #Feedrate calculations, gcode 0 does not evaluate      if (mill5$ = 1 & rotfeed5$) | (not(mill5$) & rotfeed4$ = 2), use_frinv = mi7$ # ( was use_frinv = 1 )      else, use_frinv = mi7$ # ( was use_frinv = 0 )      if gcode$ <> zero,

If your control definition is setup correctly then it should only use inverse time when doing work when cutting with rotary movement..

In your control definition there look for the Feed -> Mill page..

then on 3 Axis make it be set to Unit/min

under 4 Axis .. set Linear to Unit/Min and Rotary set to Use Inverse..

This should make it so 3 axis and 4 axis rotary positioning work will run regular feed per minute mode.. and full fourth work will use Inverse Time..

At least that's how mine is setup and we use one post for 3 and 4 axis plus full fourth work..

• Like 1