Sign in to follow this  
Rocketmachinist

426 Heidenhein

I am trying to build a post for our 426 Heidenhein controllers. I am trying to modify MPLMaster post but have some specific questions about this control.

I was told the guy who writes the post for Surfcam that these machines don't have a G28 G91 Z0. callout, and that every machine has a different number for where the max for Z+. Is there anything that I am missing when it comes to sending the machine home after the part is completed.

2nd, is anyone willing to share what the canned cycles for drilling should look like. The canned cycles that have been written in Surfcam come out all longhand (not canned cycles) so I don't have a good point of reference to write a good post.

Ok well i just figured out a few things about the canned cycle on this machine. The Z axis is the quill and the w axis is the table. Nobody uses the Z because it sags and isn't rigid. So they started using the w for everything. The only problem is, when you use W you can no longer use canned cycles for anything.

M91 does what G28 does on FANUCs.

A small remark: 426 are milling controls. Why are you trying to mess with MPLMaster?

5 axis drilling locked to 3 axis may get you what you need.  I don't think it will post as a canned cycle though. Whole lotta code.

From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) Is the m91 wants to see a number value in with it. So instead of Z0.0 or W0.0 I have to call up a W17.3935 and then the table will move to the farthest travels of the machine when needed.

In Heidenhain MillPlus there is a command, G174, which makes the axes to retract along the current tool axis, until one of them reach the overtravel limits.

I have to search the TNC manuals to see what equivalent function they have for this.