Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

help with HAAS post

Thank you for your reply, I was wondering why no one was answering me. I don't understand what I said that was shady or "interesting"? This is my situation, the company I work for does have a legal license of MC. They dropped subscription service before I came here, and no one here now knows who the old contact or reseller was that I can reach out to. We own the software and the post I am working on is simply and edit of the included Haas post with MC. Again, if I am violating some kind of protocol or unwritten "code" of this forum, I certainly don't know what it is. 

My experience with other forums like practical machinist and cnczone has been the polar opposite. I post there and get replies within minutes and everyone is open and willing to help. I have tried searching this forum for relevant topics to my questions about editing this post and I noticed that many questions go completely unanswered, or half the time the answer is "contact your reseller". I mean if this forum is just a marketing tool for the resellers than that's fine. I'm just reaching out for help. If MC did not want people to make their own posts, then why would they have created such a powerful editing/debugging tool built in to the software?

Again, if I did some wrong, please explain to me what that is...

You did nothing wrong, but having a family to feed and earn a living helping customers I have to walk a fine line. I was not trying to offend you and glad I was able to get the process moving. Looks like you got it all sorted out have a great day and hopefully come back.

The post is not designed to give you what you are after.

The last Z move is output by 'prapid', but there is nothing inside the Post to "flag" that you are processing the "last" move of the operation. Well, that's not entirely true, but it takes some advanced post skills to "flag" that move in 'pretract', so that you don't get random "M09" values all over the place.

The "best" way for you to get that M09 exactly where you want it is to use the "Toolpath Editor", and use the Canned Text function to "place" that code on that line. That would really suck though, because you'd have to edit every toolpath.

The 'pretract' post block gets called at the end of every operation, and does things like "retract to machine home", "shutoff coolant", and "turn off spindle".

You aren't going to get anyone to just give you some "copy n' paste" code to get what you are after. Can it be done? Yes, but not easily. When that is the case, you are basically stuck paying someone to do the work...

More issues:

It is not posting a retract and toolchange between all operations as I would like. But its weird it's only skipping the retract/tool change return when the next op is a 2d dynamic HST.

If I de-select those ops in my MC program it puts a retract/tool change return/m01 between every operation

There are two different "Tool Change" events inside the Mastercam Post. There is the "Actual Tool Change" (ptlchg$) post block, (called when the Tool Number changes), and the "Null Tool Change" post block (ptlchg0$), called when the tool number repeats. When you program two different operations, but use the same exact tool, then the post "sees" that your tool number didn't change, and the post will just keep machining with the same tool. (It checks things like "Coolant" status, and speeds/feeds, and will output new data, but no "tool change" event).

So to make sure you get a "Tool Change" for every single operation, you'll need to enable the "Force tool change" check box. This check box is available in every operation, but you've got to enable it...