Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2017

Rocketmachinist

It's working really well for me and I have no special licenses

I click on Machine Simulation, and I get a pop up dialog "No License Has Been Found For This Product"

However, I can ALT-C and run Machsim and it runs. Not that I use Machsim, but I am curious every so often. I must get off my a** and build some machines :)

...99% of the functions I need are one clock away. Now they are spread out between all the different tabs so I must first hit the tab, than I can select the icon.

Exactly. Everything I needed was right in front me ALL THE TIME. Not any more. That sucks. :thumbdown:

Can I get rid of the QM icons that I never use?

The clicking of the right side or left side of the QM icons is a poor UI decision. The icons/buttons are barely bigger than the old icons and now they are split in half to make the selection area even smaller.

• Like 1

Actually, if I click on Run, Backplot, or Verify in the Machine Simulation button group, I get the same license error. However, I run all three through ALT-C, or off the buttons at the top of the Operations Manager.

I know this is a rookie question but did you remember to copy your user files into the MachineSim folder

"C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam2017\MachineSimulation\MachSim"

Thankfully, its working fine for me cause I'm in the middle of a big project and use it frequently

That was my first reaction too

Thankfully, the interface is highly customizable.

I'm not 100%  back to my X9 setup, but I'm close

Are you able to share a picture of that setup? I'm having a hard time visualizing how the setups can be even remotely similar. For example, the large "Create circle-Center Point" icon takes up the space of about 9 icons from X9. How someone thought making that interface change was a good idea is beyond me.

Are you able to share a picture of that setup? I'm having a hard time visualizing how the setups can be even remotely similar. For example, the large "Create circle-Center Point" icon takes up the space of about 9 icons from X9. How someone thought making that interface change was a good idea is beyond me.

Start by customising your Quick access tool bar. Minimize the ribbon bar to hid those huge ugly icons. I only need to go into the ribbon bar to find a function maybe 5% of the time.

• Like 1

Quick access toolbar is the way to go to look like X9 but these icons are a little too small to me... in the same idea, i undocked MRU window, minimized it to see icons only then it looks like a toolbar which can be located near the edge of screen. I also expanded properties window (above RMB menu), minimized it, and stuck it on bottom right of screen.

I really dislike input data window migrated in toolpath area. X9 ribbon bar was nice and got focus faster.

Shortcuts key for backplot or verify should be great but I still didn't find regeneration dirty/selected/all operations commands...

• Like 1

Quick access toolbar is the way to go to look like X9 but these icons are a little too small to me.

Agreed, too small. :(  I was hoping the "use large icons" would help with that, but that seems to only affect the icons at the top of the operations manager. :turned:

Back to the drawing board.

So in searching the interweb, I've come across this to increase the QAT menu size.

This in terns increases the size of the QAT in Excel and Word and everything that used Microsoft Ribbons, including Mastercam.

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization\Window Color and Appearance
Select the link for Advanced Appearance Settings
Under the Item drop-down box, select "Menu"

Then play around with increasing the Font size and menu size. You don't have to do it much.
Cheers
  • Like 1

I know this is a rookie question but did you remember to copy your user files into the MachineSim folder

"C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam2017\MachineSimulation\MachSim"

Thankfully, its working fine for me cause I'm in the middle of a big project and use it frequently

I've never used Machsim, so I've got no customised files. I just tried using a generic supplied machine. It works using ALT-C, so there should be no difference.

How many here are using this version for permanent files?

Also, will we be auto update notifications with this version ?

At first look I didn't like the new look but it appears the adaption process will be easy.

I did like the combination operations, level, solids and whatever else the fourth segment was window. I hit "Docking" in that window though and the four segment blew up into their own separate  windows. Can anyone tell me how to get it back?

How many here are using this version for permanent files?

Also, will we be auto update notifications with this version ?

At first look I didn't like the new look but it appears the adaption process will be easy.

I did like the combination operations, level, solids and whatever else the fourth segment was window. I hit "Docking" in that window though and the four segment blew up into their own separate  windows. Can anyone tell me how to get it back?

I will be transitioning now to using this full-time. I have struggled getting used to the new interface, I'm not a fan of this change

Beta's have a slightly different update process...usually you have to do a complete uninstall and re-install.....that is the Beta process......this isn't at you as you are more than adept but at those who struggle, running the Beta may not be the thing for you if you can't or don't deal well with the uninstall/re-install process....

Right click on the top of the window and check docking

So... any news on 17+? Or whatever they decide to call X+.

I simply can't live without the setup sheet and tool list.

Separate product by a 3rd party......

If I had to hazard a guess, I would guess it's coming but always remember, it's a freebie and many times in the past, freebies have just gone away......

Heck, 3rd party add-ons have gone away.....just something to keep in the back of your mind