Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2017

Rocketmachinist

Here is the version info for PC1

As I stated earlier.. as of Thursday

the Mastercam RTM will be the same as the currently available PC1

there is one change to MCfSW so it will require a new install which should be made public tomorrow

Version and maintenance date information:

·        The Mastercam version is 19.0.7874.0

·        The Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS version is 19.0.7874.10

·        This version will not time out.

·        Both products require current Maintenance date: 6/29/2016.

·        If your Maintenance expires before 6/29/2016 – you cannot run Mastercam 2017 PC.

·        If your Maintenance expires on or after 6/30/2016 – you can run Mastercam 2017 PC.

There are currently no additional Adds-On to download for 2017.

Those that were available for X8/X9 have been....

Either included in the Product install (i.e. ArcMultiEdit, vHelix, zSprial, SortCircles, pts2Arcs, MD_CD_PST Rename)

or their functionality has been put into Mastercam 2017 (i.e. PrmDef, Grid),

or they've "been retired" (i.e. Repaint Toolpath).

I've been giving it a good going over. My thoughts are I don't like it. Its main feature is taking the boredom out of programming by re-learning the software. I have not found anything easier than the functionality X9. in comparison.

I've finally moved up to X9 and have most of my issues resolved...and have been reading thru this thread to see how 2017 is going. When this comment was liked by 8 men including Colin whom I greatly respect, it makes me pause and wonder the benefit of 2017. I guess I'll keep watching to see what some of the other mastercam guru's think. Thanks for everyone's comments and questions...

I went from X9 to the 2017 version about a week ago now. It looks quite a bit different but isn't to hard to figure out where everything is at. I love the fact that they added a bunch of new options. Now we just need to figure out how to utilize all of them.

My latest problem is when I open up a proven X9 file in the 2017 version and save it as a .mcam file. If I regenerate a facing toolpath it gives me a

" Error compensating the stock boundary. Please set across and along overlaps to at least 50%" . I have be unable to correct this with changing all sorts of parameters.

Which leads me to my second issue. When I am defining my stock by way of Bounding box the way I always do in X9, when I create a Bounding Box and click on End Selection, I am stuck. I cannot click on the green check, and the Enter key doesn't work. The only way I have found to get out of it is to hit Esc. This however does not remember the bounding box dimensions.  

I've finally moved up to X9 and have most of my issues resolved...and have been reading thru this thread to see how 2017 is going. When this comment was liked by 8 men including Colin whom I greatly respect, it makes me pause and wonder the benefit of 2017. I guess I'll keep watching to see what some of the other mastercam guru's think. Thanks for everyone's comments and questions

sharles,

if you remember when people were switching from v7, 8 or 9 to the x series, there was plenty of complaining. i've been on mc2017 since public beta 1

and now if i go back to x9, i have a hard time remembering where everything was at. just like anything else, once you're acclimated you'll like it. take the

time to set your right click mouse button and such. i love having my planes and level manager on my second screen. jmho

If you look on the download page there is a chook called MCCommand Finder

Its worth your time to download and install it

It will help you figure out where a command is, if you can't find it

from the Info tab on the download page

The Mastercam Command Finder C-Hook helps you find your favorite Mastercam functions in the new Mastercam 2017 interface. You can type in a function name, search Mastercam 2017 for matches, and quickly launch the function by pressing [Enter] or double-clicking. After Installing, you can then add it to a custom tab, add it to the Quick Access Toolbar, or assign a shortcut key.

A number of folks have suggested creating a customized RMB.

If you have created a customized RMB in previous versions it can be imported into the 2017 context menu.

However I found I had better results by creating a new clean customized RMB in 2017.

post-14333-0-10712000-1466709891_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I went from X9 to the 2017 version about a week ago now. It looks quite a bit different but isn't to hard to figure out where everything is at. I love the fact that they added a bunch of new options. Now we just need to figure out how to utilize all of them.

My latest problem is when I open up a proven X9 file in the 2017 version and save it as a .mcam file. If I regenerate a facing toolpath it gives me a

" Error compensating the stock boundary. Please set across and along overlaps to at least 50%" . I have be unable to correct this with changing all sorts of parameters.

Which leads me to my second issue. When I am defining my stock by way of Bounding box the way I always do in X9, when I create a Bounding Box and click on End Selection, I am stuck. I cannot click on the green check, and the Enter key doesn't work. The only way I have found to get out of it is to hit Esc. This however does not remember the bounding box dimensions.

Look in the op manager...there is a tab that pops up and the green check is there. Took me a few times before I found this... HTH

I downloaded the zip filer, but how do I install it?

unzip it and drop the results in

"C:\Program Files\mcam2017\chooks"

you can then launch it with ALT C and select MCCommandfinder.dll

or add it to a toolbar.. the icon will be in the Add-in's icon group

A number of folks have suggested creating a customized RMB.

If you have created a customized RMB in previous versions it can be imported into the 2017 context menu.

However I found I had better results by creating a new clean customized RMB in 2017.

How do I import the right button menu from my X9 version?