Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2017

Rocketmachinist

... 'Lil nervous to install untill it slows down a bit

:POPCORN:

not to worry... I've been running it since Oct 2015

a lot of people don't like the new interface, but the software itself is rock sold.

IMO, it's the most stable version of Mastercam to date.

I can't even remember the last time I had a crash

• Like 1

I just found the Transition guide online.  Any tips beyond what that covers?

There are some pretty good tutorials on the Mastercam.com forum

You can find them at

Support/Tutorials

The "Introduction to MC2017" tutorial will help you get into the new interface quickly

a lot of people don't like the new interface, but the software itself is rock sold.

Gotta agree with you "G" 100%

PEACE :D

I hope in some future version "Quick verify" option in backplot would work in Lathe just like it does in Mill. That is, the insert would leave gray trails. "Use a stock" would be a response to my wishes. But hey... it works in Mill even when you don't define stock!!! :laughing:

Couldn't have said it better my self G. Here's a picture of me with previous releases. I don't wear a helmet no more.

post-19113-0-07841200-1467147159_thumb.png

• Like 1

Couldn't have said it better my self G. Here's a picture of me with previous releases. I don't wear a helmet no more.

I thought the helmet was for when the machine operators came to see you with a hammer in their hand :harhar:

I've used it for a long time but not for production. Decided to switch finally with the official release and having major problems. The holders not showing up correctly in verify "bug"  pretty much kills it for me. Too much 5 axis work to be running blind :(

I've used it for a long time but not for production. Decided to switch finally with the official release and having major problems. The holders not showing up correctly in verify "bug"  pretty much kills it for me. Too much 5 axis work to be running blind :(

TK has a hat you can borrow...

Did you convert your X9 libraries to MC2017?

70% of my work is 5X and I haven't had any trouble with Verify or toolholders coming in wrong???

right click somewhere in the tool bars

Select "Context Menu"

then  "Import"

I have tried rh clicking everywhere and do not get the context menu option.  What I am I missing or doing wrong? can you be more specific about where to click in the tool bars?

I found it.