Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2017

Rocketmachinist

Where do I find the mill_big inch tool library?  Mine only displays mill_inch

I wasn't able to find it either, as a tool database you could copy it from McamX9 and use it in Mcam '17

With the ability to create custom tools by importing step files is the "big inch" library really necessary?

Is it just me or is the escape key not backing you out of functions? I backplot a tool and hit escape and it does nothing. If I click back inside the backplot window it then works. Level manager and planes ( old wcs manager ) escape will not close them have to click on the "x" to close. Before you could just get out of any function by hitting escape.

Is it just me or is the escape key not backing you out of functions? I backplot a tool and hit escape and it does nothing. If I click back inside the backplot window it then works. Level manager and planes ( old wcs manager ) escape will not close them have to click on the "x" to close. Before you could just get out of any function by hitting escape.

It's not just you. Seems to work that way now.

Kevin K.

Yeh, I heard TK went and got a job driving NX because it had toolbars with a ribbon interface.

Dont be hatin Newb, jelly dont look good on ya :harhar: :harhar:

PEACE :D

• Like 1

All im seeing is the ability to import stp into tools not holders.

Go to the holder page in the tool path, select new holder and you will have the option there.

Also if you right click on the tool in the internal tool manager, you can choose to edit the holder.

Once the holder geom page opens you can select a holder to import, then you can bring in the step file.

post-14333-0-55900400-1467310956_thumb.jpg

Go to the holder page in the tool path, select new holder and you will have the option there.

Also if you right click on the tool in the internal tool manager, you can choose to edit the holder.

Once the holder geom page opens you can select a holder to import, then you can bring in the step file.

Thanks.

I'm happy at X9 :D

And I know one person who is actually very happy with V9....still....

:lol:

I dont think you are Newb, stop fighting it............ 2017 is the way to go

You cant live in the past

PEACE :D

• Like 1

I uninstalled the Beta....installed the PC1 web version....

My first experience with the non Beta version is pressing the Migration Wizard button and 2017 totally locks up....

Tried it twice...locks up.....have to log off account to unfreeze windows and drop the thread.

I mean come on...isn't that the most logical button to press upon opening 2017 if you plan on using it?

Well it has been said that 3rd time is the charm and it was on this.

Clicked the migration wizard button again and poof.....popup came right up like normal....

So maybe I have some issue where the popup was not coming to the top or not showing up at all...

but it appears to be working now...

So a little issue came up today with the Mastercam 2017 post for our Mazak Vertical Mill...I made a 2 operation program using one tool to step off a radius in X9 which posted and ran fine. I opened that same file in 2017 and when I post the program, there is no tool call output. So I did some testing and found out that if I call a different tool for the second operation, both tool calls are output when I post the program. I'm assuming something went wonky when updating the post from X9 to 2017 but you know what they say about assuming. Anyone else have a similar issue? I'm not too experienced with editing posts, but I couldn't find any obvious differences...any input or direction would be greatly appreciated. I apologize in advance if I don't respond as I am leaving for the day shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

So a little issue came up today with the Mastercam 2017 post for our Mazak Vertical Mill...I made a 2 operation program using one tool to step off a radius in X9 which posted and ran fine. I opened that same file in 2017 and when I post the program, there is no tool call output. So I did some testing and found out that if I call a different tool for the second operation, both tool calls are output when I post the program. I'm assuming something went wonky when updating the post from X9 to 2017 but you know what they say about assuming. Anyone else have a similar issue? I'm not too experienced with editing posts, but I couldn't find any obvious differences...any input or direction would be greatly appreciated. I apologize in advance if I don't respond as I am leaving for the day shortly.

bump...

I have a huge concern / question. When mastercam 2017 is processing a dynamic tool path, is one not able to continue to work on other tool paths, modeling, etc. while mastercam is processing the tool path? Please tell me this isnt the case. If it is I may have to go back to X9. I cant spend 20 minutes to an hour waiting for the tool path to regenerate. Some tool paths I have cover huge areas and will take FOREVER! In the past I just continued to work on the next tool path, or whatever, now Im at the mercy of mastercam, no dice.

I have a huge concern / question. When mastercam 2017 is processing a dynamic tool path, is one not able to continue to work on other tool paths, modeling, etc. while mastercam is processing the tool path? Please tell me this isnt the case. If it is I may have to go back to X9. I cant spend 20 minutes to an hour waiting for the tool path to regenerate. Some tool paths I have cover huge areas and will take FOREVER! In the past I just continued to work on the next tool path, or whatever, now Im at the mercy of mastercam, no dice.

why??  they still support multi threading

you can watch their progress with the multi threading manager

View/Multi threading

edit ... you may not have multi threading turned on

check the Toolpath page in System Configuration

there is a check box labeled

"Enable Multi threading"

why.. they still support multithreading

you can watch their progress with the multithreading manager

View/Multithreading

I pretty sure my boss wants me programming not watching progress bar of a tool path in the multi threading manager. I was able to do that in the past, keep programming while it processd. Now I have what you see in the pic. It freezes and im left playing "ghost box" instead of programming. Its a HUGE issue. The idea was to improve work flow, not hinder it.

post-46368-0-54993400-1468933136_thumb.png