Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2017

Rocketmachinist

edit ... you may not have multi threading turned on

check the Toolpath page in System Configuration

there is a check box labeled

"Enable Multi threading"

Checked. Give me a moment I killed it. Im going to try to replicate it. If i can I will share it. Hopefully it is an anomaly.

I ran into something interesting this afternoon

a very simple 2d dynamic tool path, driven by 2d wireframe     it regens instantly

turn on a level containing a complex solid model and hit regen

the toolpath manager goes blank and stays blank

the multi threading manager says "Waiting to translate"

the toolpath takes 22 seconds to regen and the tool path manager comes back

turn the solid level off... and regen is instant again

I sent a file in, I'll report back when I get a reply

• 2 weeks later...

I found a couple of bugs 2017 which Mastercam has been very responsive to helping resolve. The first issue is with chamfer mills, I must use a 0.000 tip due to the parts we make, although the edit tool parameters will not recognize and backplot a 0.000 tip, yet when you change it to a 0.0001 tip it backplots accordingly. There appears to be a import/merge issue with native solidworks files, which is under review. But the secret squirrel issue of the day is how to insert a line, or a point, at a specific location, and I found out that all that is required it to tap the "X" on the keyboard to open the dialog box. Mastercam Maintenance has its benefits, and immediate support goes a long way when trying to get answers quickly, and accurately. 

Something that has always bugged me, and I've never got a straight answer. When X8 was released, the Trim Plane function changed.

See the example below. With X7, I could put a value in the X Y or Z plane, and trim to that offset plane. Easy as...

Now, since X8 and including 2017, I can't? I actually have to create a new plane, or construct geometry, to trim to. Also, if I choose Trim by line, two entities or three points, it doesn't seem to allow me to choose a point function (endpoint, midpoint, centre, quadrant etc etc)

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but no one has given me an equivalent X7 solution for X8 plus.

post-961-0-98240500-1470256963_thumb.jpg

post-961-0-82638100-1470256969_thumb.jpg

Something that has always bugged me, and I've never got a straight answer. When X8 was released, the Trim Plane function changed.

See the example below. With X7, I could put a value in the X Y or Z plane, and trim to that offset plane. Easy as...

Now, since X8 and including 2017, I can't? I actually have to create a new plane, or construct geometry, to trim to. Also, if I choose Trim by line, two entities or three points, it doesn't seem to allow me to choose a point function (endpoint, midpoint, centre, quadrant etc etc)

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but no one has given me an equivalent X7 solution for X8 plus.

I have autocursor on my right click I can make of those snap to abilites work that way.

Yes trimming got weird about X8. I may get 20 or 30 additional planes if I have 20 or 30 trim solid even though I never created a plane to being with. What is really weird is you can delete them and your solids will not go dirty.

I have autocursor on my right click I can make of those snap to abilites work that way.

Yes trimming got weird about X8. I may get 20 or 30 additional planes if I have 20 or 30 trim solid even though I never created a plane to being with. What is really weird is you can delete them and your solids will not go dirty.

Ok, so it isn't just me :) Thanks for confirming that Ron.

Trimming sure got weird. IMHO, removing that simple method of trimming to a plane cost me a ton of productivity. Not to mention clogging the file with extra geometry, and planes.