Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2017

Rocketmachinist

I don't mean to be a smartguy but in the other software if you create a selection box from left to right it creates a "in" box if you go from right to left it creates a "in+" box. no extra clicking required.

I wouldn't like this feature. I window from various corners, depending on where the entities are on the screen and where my mouse is at the time.

• Like 2

I wouldn't like this feature. I window from various corners, depending on where the entities are on the screen and where my mouse is at the time.

It does take a bit to get used to if you use some of the other software, even solidworks that you can plug M\C into does this selection method. I teach M\C and AutoCAD and I am taking a Solidworks course I have found that all three have their little sweet spots. AutoCAD has this "lasso" for selection that I can't get used to.

I might use in+ 1 time for every 50-100 times I use in. Not sure if I've ever used out or out+. It's too easy to window and invert selection to bother with.

I think the only time I used intersect was when I was showing a trainee what it does.

Just did this Demo and programmed in 2017 and showed the people few of the changes in 2017at the HTEC show. All ready programmed a few parts for aerospace customers using 2017. a little slow but getting fast as you get used to were everything is. I am likening it.

Great video Jay!!!

I haven't read through all 6 pages, but can I install 2017 along side X9?

No different than any other time you've done a new install, yes it will install on it's own

Mine are are 1200IPM  :harhar:

I haven't read through all 6 pages, but can I install 2017 along side X9?

I'm running X5 through MC2107 on my machine at work with no issues

though I do think it's time for X5 and 6 to head off to the bone yard

• Like 2

Can you turn on/off, and/or customize the "ghosted" tool bars on the design screen? Also you used to be able to right click on the color panel then select the entity you want to change the color of, is that not an option anymore? I found where to change the level of an entity, just not color. 

I just downloaded it and am playing with it now.

I see something that I don't like that was in X9... and that is the Solid Selection button...  what freaking purpose does this button serve? To me it's useless and adds another click. 

I have to activate this button so I can pick an edge or a face? Is there a way to turn this feature off?

Can you turn on/off, and/or customize the "ghosted" tool bars on the design screen?

It doesn't appear that there is a way to customize those. I asked earlier about customizing the QM icons but got no reply. There are some QM icons that I NEVER use and now I have to wade through all of them to get at the ones that I frequently use. Another poor decision IMO.

• Like 1

I just downloaded it and am playing with it now.

I see something that I don't like that was in X9... and that is the Solid Selection button...  what freaking purpose does this button serve? To me it's useless and adds another click. 

I have to activate this button so I can pick an edge or a face? Is there a way to turn this feature off?

I couldn't live without the solid selection button....  What if you just want to machine a certain part of your solid?  You could select all, create a bounding box I guess??   That's  a feature you'll just have to deal with :)

I couldn't live without the solid selection button....  What if you just want to machine a certain part of your solid?  You could select all, create a bounding box I guess??   That's  a feature you'll just have to deal with :)

No, I'm comparing it to X5 where I didn't have to hit the Solid Selection button in order to hit the solid edge button. 

In X9 and 2017, the edge and face buttons are greyed out UNTIL I hit that stupid solild seletion button, and then I can hit the edge or face button. 

Or am I doing something wrong? Am I explaining it right?

Just checked and it's called the "ACTIVATE SOLID SELECTION" button. My bad.

No, I'm comparing it to X5 where I didn't have to hit the Solid Selection button in order to hit the solid edge button. 

In X9 and 2017, the edge and face buttons are greyed out UNTIL I hit that stupid solild seletion button, and then I can hit the edge or face button. 

Or am I doing something wrong? Am I explaining it right?

Just checked and it's called the "ACTIVATE SOLID SELECTION" button. My bad.

That has been that way for several versions now and it is not going away.

I think back in V9 I asked why do we even need to tell Mastercam we are working with solids if we are only working with solids and here we are still needing to tell it we are working with solids. I am told it will get better about this, but until then we have the tool we have.

• Like 1