Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2017

Rocketmachinist

I am only seeing Design in my drop menu...that's all

Is anyone else having the graphics screen go black when your mouse hovers over the Gnomon in the bottom left corner ??

The Auto cursor Config (the gear) button isn't operational for me, its grayed out.(Got it. You have to be in a Analyze Function)

I probably had a glitch with my existing X9 release.

"JTubb" user found how to reproduce this bug and posted that on official forum:

I was able to bring in toolbars by just copying my workspace files from X9 into MC2017. I am using Beta 1 for this and have Windows 7 pro for my operating system.

I closed MC2017. Open windows explorer and copy any or all of your workspace files from C:\Users\yournamehere\Documents\my mcamx9\CONFIG and place them into C:\Users\yournamehere\Documents\my mcam2017\CONFIG. Then open MC2017. Right click on any of the toolbars (the area where the icons are,) in the managers panes (Toolpaths, Planes, and Levels). You will get an option to Customize or Load Workspace. Select the workspace that you want and now you have toolbars. I am not sure if there are any stability issues but so far everything seems to work fine.

I started to using 2017 today. We do a lot of  roughing of surfaces with Sandvik 210 cutter. In X9 you had to describe this tool as a custom tool in 17 it has a new high feed cutter option. I open a part that I just made last week using the 210 cutter as a custom tool. I changed stock to leave on drive and regenerated the tool path it took 2m:24s. Then I made a new tool using the new high feed description I changed to the new high feed tool and regenerated the tool path it took 5m:30s. When I run the verify it looks like the system is recognizing the new high feed cutter better than my custom tool but it has doubled the regeneration time. Any thoughts?

It depends on the complexity of the tool geometry it's using.  If the tool geometry is more complicated it will take longer to generate.  For this reason alone I've found that for some one-offs and short runs I can be more productive using a bull than a true high-feed cutter even though it runs slower, simply because it generates the toolpath faster.

I'm sick and tired already of not being able to select a box around geometry without the top selection bar getting in the way.

One work around Ive found is that if u run a dual monitor software you can move them to your second monitor and out of the way.

Works for the auto-cursor bar but will not move the quick masks-bar

Not the best way of doing it but works for me

• 2 months later...

I noticed the Plane Manager was combined with the Operations Manager. I could toggle back and forth with the tab at the bottom of the Operation manager page. Then I realized I could separate it and use it like I used to and drag it to my other monitor. Then today I closed the Plane manager for something and I can't get it open again. The tab at the bottom of the Operations manager is gone. Is there a shortcut to open it? I couldn't find one.

I noticed the Plane Manager was combined with the Operations Manager. I could toggle back and forth with the tab at the bottom of the Operation manager page. Then I realized I could separate it and use it like I used to and drag it to my other monitor. Then today I closed the Plane manager for something and I can't get it open again. The tab at the bottom of the Operations manager is gone. Is there a shortcut to open it? I couldn't find one.

Look in the View tab

you can also add an icon to the quick access toolbar

Note: If you have a Postabililty posts there may be a few errors that may show up. Contact your dealer that sold you your Postabililty post to get this taken care of. it comes down to some changes on what Mastercam's Migration is looking for and it's implementation when it sees it.

I believe this is only happening with mill/turn posts

Dave put a thread up about this a couple of moths ago

Also, Trend Micro is shutting down the 2017 process during migration of the .PSB files during post migration.

Well at least in beta 4. CNC knows about it. Did a web meeting with them to show it happening.

No error, just *poof* Mastercam no longer running. found it in my Trend micro logs. Trend sees encrypted files as ransomware.

Anyone know when the PC version will be released?

I heard they fixed the problem with the long file load times and I wanted to try 2017 again.

As far as the Beta's go...I have one installed but I can't find which Beta it is...

If it is still running I am assuming it is the latest Beta???

sweet....btw I found a tiny little annoyance on the help page of 2017..

While I was trying to get some version number to pop up up I clicked on the about mastercam button and it doesn't do anything except pause all functions???

I thought 2017 was locked up....so I logged off and tried it again and same thing happened...but when I pressed esc key it backed out of the pause...

Just FYI....

Anyone know when the PC version will be released?

I heard they fixed the problem with the long file load times and I wanted to try 2017 again.

As far as the Beta's go...I have one installed but I can't find which Beta it is...

If it is still running I am assuming it is the latest Beta???

The current download, PC1 is the same as tomorrow's final rollout

You can download and install it today if you want

As of last Thursday, there were no changes between PC1 and RTM

There is one change in Mastercam for SolidWorks.. so that will have a new install package

http://forum.mastercam.com/Topic11578.aspx

Thanks G do you have a link to that?

Also, nuther question...I uninstalled my Beta but I noticed Mastercam installed a licensing Installer as well when the Beta was installed...

Can I just leave that in control panel or do I need to uninstall that too? 

I also found a half dozen registry keys for 2017.

Also, nuther question...I uninstalled my Beta but I noticed Mastercam installed a licensing Installer as well when the Beta was installed...

Its still  on the public beta page

http://www.mastercam.com/en-us/Public-Beta

I haven't bothered with all that for several betas now

just delete

"C:\Program Files\mcam2017"

and install the new version