Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3d Spacemouse Drifting

Mjölnir

i've got a few day old 3d connexion spacemouse (navigator, usb) that started drifting today. no matter how many times i calibrate it, although there is no detectable movement on the screen, the device is still drifting and sending a signal and pulling focus away from open dialog boxes. the only way i can stop it to get any work done (because it's impossible to enter, say, toolpath parameters when the window is not focused) is to stop the driver. i wonder if i have a defective device or if there is some sort of solution for this. i'm about ready to send it back and get a refund.

anyone care to opine?

I had this start with the last update......

Previously in a former life, I had to update the firmware.....

I haven't had time to figure out my issue this but I will in the next couple days...

But I would suggest updating the driver if available or contacting support to see if there's a firmware update

hth

Remove the print leaning against it lol...:)

:laughing:

I still have one of the original space pilots and every now and then it does it...in my case though, it's just a piece of paper (usually a print) leaning against the controller ever so lightly pushing it  :laughing:

it's better today!

:blink:

i think it may have had something to do with an el-cheapo flash drive our sales department gives away plugged into the workstation all day yesterday. 

but now that i've said something, just watch, it'll start doing it again.... :lol:

edit:

yes, i repeatedly calibrated it. and yes, i'm using the 64bit driver. no, there's no print near it, only a speaker blaring out some Daft Punk right now. :p

• Like 1

i'm convinced it was the usb stick i had plugged into the computer the day i started this thread because it has been fine since i removed said stick. it may have been a combination of the stick, and the av software (symantec endpoint protection) perhaps constantly polling it therefore creating some trace "noise" on the usb bus, but i don't have time right now to investigate further.

i'm convinced it was the usb stick i had plugged into the computer the day i started this thread because it has been fine since i removed said stick. it may have been a combination of the stick, and the av software (symantec endpoint protection) perhaps constantly polling it therefore creating some trace "noise" on the usb bus, but i don't have time right now to investigate further.

I have seen the same thing. I have gone to an external USB 7 port and that seemed to solve my problems.

Remove the print leaning against it lol... :)

:laughing:

I still have one of the original space pilots and every now and then it does it...in my case though, it's just a piece of paper (usually a print) leaning against the controller ever so lightly pushing it  :laughing:

One time I was trying to use my laptop to look at a file. Couldn't figure out why every time I opened a file it would just drift out of view. Finally I realized I didn't turn off my wireless spacemouse when I put it in the storage bag.  :X

• Like 2