Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Do any surfacing toolpaths support lollipop tools???

jaydenn

Afternoon,

I have an ultra-simple part to make... The only caveat is that 2 features are "closed" off from my spindle. I need to do some surfacing with a lollipop(undercut tool).

I've been going through the list of surface toolpaths. Everyone just says "lollipop is unsupported".

I've only found "flowline" to work(poorly), but it gouges the living hell out of the part because it can't check for gouges on retract.

I ask then, why? Why is this tool even an option?

Surely someone out there is making parts more complicated than sticks with holes in Mastercam! How has this not come up before?

I really, really miss my old CAM package!!!

Jay

• 6 years later...

I had to make some parts recently like the garbage above out of SS on a 3axis.  I window framed the part out of plate so I could "index" it in the vise and have a reference point.  Worked great, except was Slow.  Unless there's something I'm not seeing, there's no need for a lollipop tool?