Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Best Rotary Table Manufacturers

Our Mori Seiki's have Nikken and the newer ones have Mori's rotary table which are really nice for mill-turn applications because they are direct drive, no gears and no back-lash. Although we don't normally do heavy cutting while mill-turning, someone previously did on one of the Nikken and the table had excessive backlash so the gears had to be replaced.

that's my

Cheers!

Len Dye

The one we are looking at is a Tsudakoma RBA-400R that fits our needs, but I would like to look at some other recommended manufacturers. 

we own a 250R and we beat the hell out of it on an Okuma MC-V4020 CAT50

for exemple, 3/8 DOC and 50% engagement with a 2in face cutter in 4140 HT 8in dia x 19in long 

the only down side is the wires, they are fragile and tend to break due to repetitive movements  

• 2 weeks later...

I think Nikkens have soft worms or wheels (can't remember) where Tsudakomas are all hard - hence the no wear issues.

Don't get me wrong - we have 3 Nikkens here and they're fine, but we also have 3 Tanshings and they are all fine too (no noticeable difference).

I forgot to mention that we machine only graphite.  It will see tons of graphite dust even with our hardcore vacuum system pulling out most of the dust.  It seems that Tsudakoma would be appropriate, but if we have any issues with the graphite getting in and wearing I'll let everyone know for information's sake.