Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Work offsets

Elmer Fudd

Really, that's an option? And we didn't purchase it? SMH :no

Thanks Ron.

yes.. extended WO package It comes in 2 size 49 work offsets and 99 work offsets

They have to send a tech out to install it.. so you're into some real money

by the time it's done

Gone into many customers where they got that wonderful surprise with many machines not just Mori.

Any machine tool distributor that would do that to a customer without telling them upfront should not be selling machines. On a side note I have found that some of these options can be installed by the end-user on Fanuc machine. (dunno if extended offsets is one of them, but inverse time definitely can be installed by the end user. They basically send you a file and you load it into the machine. If you have ever done a SRAM backup/restore, its way easy).

One easy way to tell if you have extended offsets or not is to MDI in  #7801=1.2345. (Assuming Fanuc) This would set the G54.1 P5 X axis to whatever. If the machine took it, the offset page is there somewhere. If an alarm happens...time to call the dealer.

Any machine tool distributor that would do that to a customer without telling them upfront should not be selling machines. On a side note I have found that some of these options can be installed by the end-user on Fanuc machine. (dunno if extended offsets is one of them, but inverse time definitely can be installed by the end user. They basically send you a file and you load it into the machine. If you have ever done a SRAM backup/restore, its way easy).

One easy way to tell if you have extended offsets or not is to MDI in  #7801=1.2345. (Assuming Fanuc) This would set the G54.1 P5 X axis to whatever. If the machine took it, the offset page is there somewhere. If an alarm happens...time to call the dealer.

That should be #7081 not #7801 for P5 work offset

• 1 month later...

I just looked up my old Makino quote (12/16) and the offset cost was $890 (300 additional) plus $450 for the tech.  I'd give your dealer a call and let them have it, someone is screwing you and over charging by a mile, whether your dealer or Mori.

How close is your local FANUC Tech? When you have two days of travel, the price goes up pretty quick. However, the first go around of "extended" work coordinates and 2MB memory is not standard on FANUC mills is an absolute joke. Along with a few other "options". 

I'm liking our new Heidenhain more and more. Unlimited number of tools and work offsets available by default. :cheers:

having to pay and arm, leg, and your first born for a tech to come and flip a few bits is beyond highway robbery. :blink: