Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wierd occurence

Rick46

What would make the points that are created from a drill toolpath stay visible on the screen when you pick the center of the hole or many holes. We have points at all different levels of our geo and this only happens on one seat of mastercam but yet stays with the geo because it is part of the path. Cant be deleted or it corrupts the path. I have never seen this nor do any other of our 15 seats do this when using drill option. Is there something to make the points go hidden like they do on all the rest of our seats. Or possible corrupted mastercam install.  thanks.

I was going to ask the same question a while back. I always use arc center filter when picking circles for drilling cycles. ( I do this every time no matter what size the hole is after picking the quadrant of a 2-56 hole by mistake years ago ) If you notice with the arc center filter active when you move your mouse over the edge of the circle that sometimes a small E with a vertical line next to it will show up. If you move your mouse more it will disappear then come back with more movement. If you pick with the E on the screen you get the annoying extra blue point. If the E is not there, no blue point. Maybe someone knows if there is a setting to turn this on or off.

you may manually sketch a point  that is what you are seeing.  In order to stop that you must not click on the screen after you make the option to select points, you must pick a point.

If there is not one there Mastercam will put a point there...

You may delete that point and regen your toolpath...