Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak Nexus Live Tooling and Offset Help

Rotary Ninja

I posted out a program before I left work yesterday. It is a mill drill in station 10 doing face work on a Mazak 250 Nexus. The tool offset posted out as T1010.01. After touching off the tool the operator said making offsets in Z had no effect where the tool was cutting. He thought maybe he was setting the wrong tool. So he set all tool 10 tools to the same values. Then he deleted all but 1 tool and now the machine says the tool doesn't exist.

I am not at work, so I can't help him much. And I am clueless on the machine almost as much as he is. This is the first MasterCam program I have posted to the machine.

Can someone explain how the Mazatrol tool and work offsets work? What is the ".01" at the end of the tool offset? And if you have 10 tool #10's in the machine, how do you know which one is going to be used?

Thanks. I miss my mill area!

the .01 is A on the Mazak control when using Mazatrol. He needs to make sure he has set up tool 10 with an A and not just a tool 10. Using the Mazatrol side of the control for tool is a very good way to do it, but you have to follow the Mazatrol way of naming and using your tools when calling eia programs. You are on the right track just need to understand how they go about it once you do you will be very happy with how things work and are tracked.

Heavy tools are .26 so that is Heavy tool A

.01 = A

.02 = B and so forth.

HTH