Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface Pro 4

matt m

Will this work with MasterCam? Has an I7 processor but has Iris graphics that are onboard I believe. Any one know for sure. Our Squalidworks professor uses a Surface Pro 3 for teaching  so I was wondering if the Surface pro 4 would work with Mcam? Thanks for any wisdom....... The reason I'm even asking is our Dept, was told if we want to order some we could get them cheap..... but I have to order one to try it.

Thanks, I think I will pass and get them to get me a laptop.

Definitely get a Laptop, working off that tiny touch screen and tiny keyboard would be a nightmare. when looking for a laptop look for a performance graphics card like a nvidia, the system may not need to be anything extremely expensive but a low quality gfx card is not a fun situation to be in.

http://www.mastercam.com/en-us/Support/System-Requirements

I would like to know this as well.  Screen size wouldn't bother me, since I would be docking it for most of the time.  I'm far from doing any intense surfacing, or multi-axis work.

Certain windows will not be able to be viewed fully, if the minimum resolution can not be met. I have a small laptop I use for email and simple programming, for when I don't want to lug my larger programming laptop. Docking it solves the issue, but when non docked its annoying. 

Certain windows will not be able to be viewed fully, if the minimum resolution can not be met. I have a small laptop I use for email and simple programming, for when I don't want to lug my larger programming laptop. Docking it solves the issue, but when non docked its annoying. 

The Surface may have a "small" screen when compared to a laptop, but the resolution is massive. Resolution is DPI, not just size. However, things would be pretty small. I use my Surface to RDP into my work computer and everything fits just fine, although the text is small. If you have Mastercam on a capable desktop or "main" computer, using RDP on your surface is a great method because it still uses the main computer for all the chugging and basically serves as a remote screen. 

• Like 1