Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Monster endmills

So not a Guru

• 2 weeks later...

Now they are pushing for Melin tools :wallbash:

I know that tool resellers need to be able to make a profit by selling the brands that give them a discount, but doggoneit, the tools we're using work fine.

Ok, I'm done ranting. Do any of you guys have experience with this brand of tools?

I've used Melin in the past but not their endmils. Just a couple of their solid carbide chamfer mills. Seemed like good quality, I still have them.

What type of endmills are they wanting to sell you? Variable helix endmills are all over the place nowadays and most are relatively cheap and decent quality.

Maritool, Widia-Hanita, etc...

Last I used Melin, many moons ago, they were average run of the mill endmills.....nothing high performance at the time just a standard grind endmill....as I remember, their early claim to fame was extended legnth cutting tools....

Haven't really seen one in a tool crib for years

I've used Melin in the past but not their endmils. Just a couple of their solid carbide chamfer mills. Seemed like good quality, I still have them.

What type of endmills are they wanting to sell you? Variable helix endmills are all over the place nowadays and most are relatively cheap and decent quality.

Maritool, Widia-Hanita, etc...

Actually now they're only wanting to replace about a half a dozen Niagara tools that we use. I'm not against trying them out, I just wanted to get some feedback from folks who have used them.

Thanks again for your help.

Last I used Melin, many moons ago, they were average run of the mill endmills.....nothing high performance at the time just a standard grind endmill....as I remember, their early claim to fame was extended legnth cutting tools....

Haven't really seen one in a tool crib for years

I've got a few shattered roughing endmills sitting in my tool crib. Waiting for the price of scrap carbide to go back up.

Our carbide scarp company told us to hold off on selling right now until price per pound goes back up.   Hopefully hes right!

We use Monster general purpose endmills all day long.  Made in the USA and great quality.  When we need to remove a lot of material fast we use Whisperkut from Duramill.  Tiger Tool Supply has both brands and they seem to have good prices.

What is the current price of carbide?  I am sitting on about 150 lbs of carbide end mills right now.  Just haven't got around to sending them in.

"150 lbs"

55727610.jpg

Last I heard, it was going for $5.50/lb

The last time we actually sent some back, it was $14.30/lb

We've been holding off for a while.