Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Simulation setup help 2017

Thee Cutterman

Good Morning Guys and Girls

I haven't used the machine simulation much as yet and are trying to set it up for my Okuma. So far i have the arbor dropping down out of the spindle and the work piece is up off the table. As i said i have not had much time to play around with it but was wondering if there is any documentation or video for setting up the machine simulation side of things.

cheers Daz

• Like 2

The latest beta should fix the tool holder issue. Under work piece, position, set to translate xyz. Depending on where your fixture is in relation to the machine you'll need to adjust. If this is set to automatic then it will just "fit" it into the machine. I program trunnion to rotary center so i make sure my workholding is positioned relative to rotary center and the translation values are all zeros.

There's not much documentation. I have lot's of experience so just ask away.

-Josh

• Like 2

Really comes to how was the model built at the machine level. Was it a model converted to stl? Was it stl then trying to tie it all together? Need know the kinematic points off contact. From there need to built the base then axis of travel and link them all together correctly. Then take these last parts and tie together. Best to take a machine close and use it to build yours. Take the stl files for the machine import to see how they were put together. Then build your machine the same. Pay close attention the zero position and then kinematics. Then for each axis need to match and then understand the way the axis is laid out. I have build jaws that open and close on 4th Axis chucks and even added tail stocks and quills for 4th axis with slider to adjust for each. Really a lot you can do just have to wrap your brain around the process.

I like to add coo on fixtures to our machines and save them as copies of the original machine. Then no need to worry about always having to pick them for simulation.

HTH

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...