Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

arc center list

jmfrank

Hi Matt,

Try this:

1. Create > Point > Small Arcs. (This command has a Ribbon bar, with a "max radius" value. It is normally used to just create a point at the center of the arcs that are smaller than that value. Enter a large radius like 10.0 or 100.0 depending on the size of your arcs you want a report on.
  2. Window the Arcs, and then press the green check mark. This creates a point at the center of each arc.
  3. Now, do File > Save Some. Mastercam will prompt you to "select entities to save". Left-Click on the "Points Quickmask" to select all the points. Then press "End Selection". A dialog box will pop up. Change the "Save as type" to "ASCII", which outputs a .txt file. Name it "points" or whatever you want. When you finish the saving process, there will be a space-delimited text file with the XYZ coordinates of all the points you selected.

Hope that helps,

Colin

• Like 1

What about creating ordinate dimensions

I think this is how to get to it

Create-->drafting-->dimension-->ordinate-->window

You can set it to create dims for only arc centers.

Not sure if this is what you want or not but an option.

Colin

That will work. Great thanks. Do you know of a way to make the saved (txt) file save to 3 place instead of 7 or 8  ?

-0.078 -0.081  this

-0.07849045 -0.081018  instead of this.

I'm hole popping so 7 or 8 place is not needed.

Thanks again.

Matt

ajmer

Not what I am looking for. However very useful. Its crazy that I have newer used that feature. (-->ordinate-->window). not sure I even noticed it before. 

Thanks for pointing this out.

Old dogs do learn new tricks.

Thanks Matt

For formatting the data, you'll have to use some tricks. The issue is that the points are created at a higher precision, due to the way the data is stored internally inside Mastercam.

Your best bet is to import the data into Excel. This can be done by choosing the "Data" tab on the ribbon bar, and choosing the "From text" option. That will let you select a ".txt" file. Then when you press "Import", there will be a second dialog box that pops up. This is for choosing the "delimiter", or the "way the data in columns is separated". Select the "Space" character as the delimiter, and Excel will put the numbers into their own column, separating the X, Y, and Z coordinates.

Once you've imported the list of points, and put each coordinate into a separate cell, just select all the cells, Right-Click, and choose "Format Cells". Pick the "Number" option, and then you can set the number of decimal places to 3 or 4 (or whatever you want).

Once you get the hang of this, its easy.

You are welcome

The other way is to :

on separate level draw on every needed arc center a point

now do file-.save some -.select your points  and save as Ascii with txt extention

open it with notepad

and you can make file merge with it with some other file too

BR

Sorry ,Collin you were the first .My bad