Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

anyone programming a haas umc 750?

Yeah, hit CAMplete with that question. They REALLY want into that market. They need to adjust their pricing a bit because a Haas customer just doesn't see the value in spending an additional $x.xxx or $xx,xxx on simulation, post, and collision checking.

Thanks James,

Yeah, I didn't think about it...that  might get pricey for sure. This will be used for a simple 3+2 stuff as a capacity back up, but would sure love to have Camplete on my side.

We just got 2 new Mori DMG NHx5000 with a rotary, effectively making it a 5axis machine....man, that is a headache trying to go without simulation...my head spins programming those, lol

I'll hit them up over at Camplete.

Thanks

You get the latest CAMplete last week.? I think it's 1280...

Horizontals with rotary is what Makino likes to do. That piece of crap they made to try to compete against the MAM72-35V is that. It's just a retrofitted A55. :rofl:  I've never liked that style. Programmed more than a few in my life, hopefully those days are long gone. :rofl:

No new Camplete update here just yet. I'm current on maintenance, so what's up with that? ;)

Is this a completely new version or just an update? The main version is getting a little old...2015 I think?

Camplete will be at the  Matsuura open house in Minneapolis, so hopefully I'll get to pick their brains a little, lol

Update to 2015. ;)

You gotta know people... shoot me an e-mail (the usual one you contact me with) I'll get you on Thee List. :yes:

2018 is coming soon. Beta within a month or so I'm guessing. 

hello all so we have this machine up and running. had some glitches along the way not fun. the post works great, good job on that.

does everyone use the DWO on this machine?

has anyone had trouble with it not repeating  randomly?

what language should the control be in or does that even matter. Fanuc, Yasnac,Haas,  i am assuming the post is written in Haas so this is why i ask if that has any bearing on it.

thanks

21 minutes ago, greenxman said:

has anyone had trouble with it not repeating  randomly?

I spoke with a person locally here in Colorado and that was his exact observation. He has 2 of them and both have major repeatability problems ever since they were new.

I wish I could program in C++; I wrote a four-axis backplotter about 20 years ago in visual basic to check code for a specific project, but I need C++ to use modern graphics libraries efficiently.  I'm pretty sure Nvidia has a ton of physics and collision stuff built in to their cards and drivers.  If I could hook into those I think it wouldn't be that big a step to full five-axis machine simulation with collision detection.

1 hour ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

I wish I could program in C++; I wrote a four-axis backplotter about 20 years ago in visual basic to check code for a specific project, but I need C++ to use modern graphics libraries efficiently.  I'm pretty sure Nvidia has a ton of physics and collision stuff built in to their cards and drivers.  If I could hook into those I think it wouldn't be that big a step to full five-axis machine simulation with collision detection.

Not a lot of players in the market... you should give it a go. I think that is why CAMplete's product is so good and is as successful as it is. They actually have a real machine shop that makes real parts for real customers and the needs of the product are driven by what they encounter in their machine shop. Big difference between what those guys churn out and what "just" software guys and gals churn out. No disrespect to what Software Developers do... they just don't know and truly understand our needs.

:coffee:

Just now, greenxman said:

do you guys think there is a difference between having the laser done by Haas vs having a 3rd party around here in New England do it?

I would opt for the 3rd party....

They have no chit in the game other than to get the machine square

The only time I have had success having the machine tool builder or dealer service department use a laser in the field is with the techs that routinely use them to setup and repair large machines, they have multiple types of lasers with them when they travel and typically that is all they do.  I would not consider this to be a core competency or need for most if not all Haas service techs....  Hire a third party to do laser cal on a Haas.  They will probably know more about correcting mechanical geometry errors than the HFO techs will.  I am sure there are some exceptions to the rule here, but for the most part this will be true.

Also, if someone says they can do it easily with a ball bar they don't know what they are doing...  Sure, you can identify that squareness issues exist with a ball bar, but you have no level of certainty what is causing the squareness issue.  Therefore you really don'e know what to correct.  In this case I would consider a ball bar a great tool for identifying when you need to have a laser measurement / calibration performed.  Now, to perform kinematic calibration of the joint locations, a ball bar can be a great tool.

hey guys,

we're finally getting on board the forum, and just wanted to quickly chime in, not necessarily on the accuracy problem, but more so on what's available from our end. Yes, the UMC-750 is fully functional (DWO, TCPC and all the goodies) and ready to go, along with all the other Haas models (TR) included. For a specific list of machine builders we officially support:
Haas, Hermle, GF Machining Solutions (Mikron), Fanuc Robodrill, Yasda, Feeler, Kiwa, Matsuura and Nakamura-Tome.
We're adding another Japanese builder in the coming weeks (official announcement and press releases very soon), and 4 more builders by the end of the year.
Just drop me line if you have any questions.

Just to tease, quick preview of TruePath 2018...

UMC-750.thumb.png.627df752a1382410e79d7749076dd6b9.png

• Like 5
  • 7 months later...
On 5/17/2016 at 3:15 PM, Mick said:

I've got a customer who uses one. It is the first five axis machine they have ever bought, and they jumped in feet first.

They're very happy with it, but they're really only using it for 3+2 at the moment. They need to purchase more software to step up to the 5 axis plate.

Vericut also has a dialled machine and control for that machine. I've tested it, and it works great.

post-961-0-62016200-1463516118_thumb.jpg

where did find a vericut machine project for the UMC 750? or did you have vericut create it for you?

thanks!

9 hours ago, SCRUB said:

where did find a vericut machine project for the UMC 750? or did you have vericut create it for you?

thanks!

As C^Millman correctly pointed out, this was created for a Vericut customer, who paid CGTech for the creation. Your local Vericut reseller can provide this, but there will be a cost.