Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Operation defults in X9

Bubba85

The company I work for just updated to X9. In the process of customizing to my particular liking I cannot find where to change the operation defults. I tried a quick search of the forum and did not turn up anything. I mainly program our 3 axis gantry routers for flat pattern alum sheet parts, so being able to set these defaults to what works best for these partiular machines is a great time saver. In X8 I was able to change them in the Control Definiton. So, my question is where can i change the operation defaults in X9. Attached is where they are located in X8.

post-34077-0-75967000-1465900333_thumb.jpg

The company I work for just updated to X9. In the process of customizing to my particular liking I cannot find where to change the operation defults. I tried a quick search of the forum and did not turn up anything. I mainly program our 3 axis gantry routers for flat pattern alum sheet parts, so being able to set these defaults to what works best for these partiular machines is a great time saver. In X8 I was able to change them in the Control Definiton. So, my question is where can i change the operation defaults in X9. Attached is where they are located in X8.

X9 behaves the same as X8

post-4901-0-25753700-1465902597_thumb.png

Ok I must have something strange going on. I spent nearly an hour looking for that drop drop and could not find it, I restart X9 after seeing the reply here and its there. Maybe i just needed to wake up a little more, these early hours must be getting to me. :fun:

LOL. I don't know what you searched for but changing operation defaults is probably in the top 10 of most asked questions here at the forum.

Having said that... The search is about worthless. It will return way too much or nothing. Just recently I was searching for custom drill cycles John Paris had posted and couldn't find it because everything I searched returned eleventybillion results.

• Like 1

I personally like to take the .operations-9 file, make a copy of it, and rename it with the '.mcx-9' extension. That way you can open it up as a "regular" Mastercam file. This allows you to do a "replace" on the Machine Definition that is embedded inside the Machine Group Properties. This is the only way to get "X-style" coolant options to be available in the operations you are editing. Very handy when you want to associate a particular coolant type with an operation. For example, I've got Operation Default files for machining different materials. So I can turn on "Air Blast" for facing Stainless Steels, but "Flood" for facing Aluminum. After you have made your edits, just save the file, shut down Mastercam (or do Machine Type > Design, File > New to clear the Mcam Database), and rename the op defaults file extension.

I searched "operation defaults" and nothing came back.

I did the same and found multiple topics on the first page. Perhaps we're getting different results for some reason.

Anyway, I agree with Jeremy that the search feature sucks. Many times I've searched for threads that I've read in the past and they don't show up. Then I finally stumble upon the it and there are all of the search terms that I was looking for.