Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mori NH5000 DCG leaving witness marks ini X quadrant

Milling a boss or a hole and getting witness marks in the x quadrants. 0 and 180*
Did a ball bar test and we adjusted our backlash and motor power parameters to really shrink these but still there. Anyone have this problem and maybe have a solution?

It's been my experience that many service technicians when doing the ball bar test end up over compensating the back-lash setting. It seems they tighten up on the electronic backlash setting that makes the ball-bar plot look better however physically there is no back-lash and the machine is over compensating.  A good test to make sure back-lash isn't too tight or too loose is to mount a .0001 indicator in the machine and touch off somewhere. With the machine in .0001 handle mode, move the machine in the + direction one click at-a-time, watching the dial indicator then come back negative direction 1 click. You should have at least 1 no more than 2 clicks in the opposite direction before the dial indicator needle starts to move. If you come back 1 click and the machine only moves a half a tenth then you can't get much better than that but if you come back 1 click and the machine moves more than .0001 or does a little dance then its' likely your back-lash is probably too tight. Physically the machine has to have some back-lash, just not too much and certainly you don't want it over compensating.

Good Luck!

Len Dye

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Had the same problem with my NH5000'S mori engineer was kind enough to leave me these

Finally had a chance to deal with this....

Parameter 2257

X was 160

X2 was 160

OOTB settings

Kept running parts until I was happy and ended up with

X2 80

Thanks again so much for this document. Saved me lots of headaches.

• Like 1

Had the same problem with my NH5000'S mori engineer was kind enough to leave me these

Finally had a chance to deal with this....

Parameter 2257

X was 160

X2 was 160

OOTB settings

Kept running parts until I was happy and ended up with

X2 80

Thanks again so much for this document. Saved me lots of headaches.