Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Viewsheets--- Why should I use them?

jaydenn

I uSe them in a combination of ways....

Setup....CLick the Tab, the correct orientation comes up, all the levels needed for the view are active.....

I also do a lot of HMC programming, so I also use them for getting to an orientation that I need to.....also good for that on 5 axis and 3 axis with multiple ops around a part

Definitely one of the nicer enchantments to come out over the years

That sounds like an amazing tool.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would also be great for organizing multi-stage jobs as well, right?

Each viewsheet would automatically activate appropriate levels, wcs, and gviews, correct? with one click?

J

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would also be great for organizing multi-stage jobs as well, right?

Each viewsheet would automatically activate appropriate levels, wcs, and gviews, correct? with one click?

J

YUP

J

When they stick and stay like you originally did them it is great, but every time I have used them they have not stuck and you are always having to redo what you originally did.

I use clear colors about once a month. I do not have change colors for Xform.

I don't use that anymore! I went into the config, on the colors page and turned that setting off... I already know what I selected and X-formed so I don't need the colors to change to tell me that.

as far as viewsheets, they are AWESOME for more complex type of work, but for simple stuff (3axis work or not much plane work) I don't use them either

So ultimately if you don't want to have to mess with Clear Colors, just settings config --> colors --> uncheck the "use Group and result color check box and then you wont have to mess with clear colors (yet you can still select your xform results if needed)

I don't use that anymore! I went into the config, on the colors page and turned that setting off... I already know what I selected and X-formed so I don't need the colors to change to tell me that.

There's more to it than just a visual representation of what you just translated. Now you're a single click away (prior to 2017, that is. :p) from selecting your new geometry to rotate, change levels, change colors, etc. via All-Result.  ;)

But, to each their own.

Edit: forget what I just said.  :D

There's more to it than just a visual representation of what you just translated. Now you're a single click away (prior to 2017, that is. :p) from selecting your new geometry to rotate, change levels, change colors, etc. via All-Result.  ;)

But, to each their own.

Thad, it's still 1 click away.....the Result Mask is on the right side of the screen.....1 click and it selects your transformed result

But, to each their own.

Even though it wont change colors with that Config change it still is selectable through xform result selection. So you just lose the screen color change but still have that ability to select your results.

and in 2017 its still just 1 click away, select all results is over there on the right side.

Even though it wont change colors with that Config change it still is selectable through xform result selection. So you just lose the screen color change but still have that ability to select your results.

I did not know that. :cheers:

• Like 1

As the guys say, for 3ax work I wouldn't bother.

Unless you do side 1, side 2, and a fixture for another op.

For 4ax rotary they rock. Viewsheet for each plane. 1x click and your there.

Make a template file with A0, A90, A180, A270 and import your geo and away you go.

This is why I use colors, I select my results quite often.

Jeremy, unless I'm misunderstanding you, the result color does not need to be active in the config for MC to be able to quick mask the result (per Josh above).

• Like 2

Loves me some view sheets on molds with electrodes. Top view and wcs for main block. Each electrode has it own view (usually bottom) with its own wcs location relative to the main view (top) Saves so mush time and helps keep electrodes organized.

Matt

I don't use viewsheets.
I just go to plane manager click plane and hit = and top.
If I did 4 axis mostly I could see the use but there are too many planes all over the place in what I do to bother with adding something else to the process.
It's only a couple extra clicks to use managers vs viewplanes setting them all up and remembering what all the names are.
I mean why go to all the trouble making your level manager neat and tidy if you aren't even going to use it right?
Just throw everything in there where no one can work behind you and use viewsheets to make sense of it all.

because viewsheets does the same thing but with one click it will turn on all levels you want and off the ones you don't want.  As well as change WCS/planes to the one for that view.

It's handy.

Yes they are handy...save ya a couple clicks...but after I enter viewsheets I would have to rotate dynamic, zoom, and position my screen like I want it anyways...so yes in the big scheme of things, for me,  it is not a huge time saver or huge must have,  so I don't bother with them. I turn all my levels I need on with one click cause I name then all the same level group.

And now with 2017 all the planes, levels and wcs are in one spot so it works towards the way I have always done stuff anyways..

But that is the power of Mastercam.  Users can always find stuff in there that works for them, the way they do stuff.

Even with the ribbon bar, I have found that it didn't save me any time at first because I had to set it up like I needed it but it's no worse than X9.  

There was stuff I didn't like in every release I just had to find a way to make it work for me and that is doable.