Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2017 graphics issues.

HAMHAM

I thought mastercam graphics issues was solved, imgeting this 

-i7 cpu

- latest drivers nvidia quadro 600

-windows 7 pc formated whit al latest drivers from web

. im feel im in the unknokw dimension.

does anybody know when mastercam going to release a new MU OR SP1 SP2, OR WHEREVER.?

23cde4d60c.jpg

• Like 4

A quadro 600 is a light duty card..

turning all the Windows eyecandy off may fix this

I've been running these settings for years

(see the attached screen shot)

ok, i dont know why always when mastercam have some bugs is a ... hardware problem ,other ting.

men, my parts are "nobrain ,  NO BRAIN" machinining parts.

no big stock, no big assemblies, no big and complex surfaces.

just a cube whit holes thats it. why mastercam canthandle a a cube whit holes?, 

did you try my suggestion/

a fresh Windows install has the video settings  at best appearance which takes a lot of video resources

your video card should work fine for your "no brain" parts,

you just need to dial back the eye candy a bit

ok, i dont know why always when mastercam have some bugs is a ... hardware problem ,other ting.

men, my parts are "nobrain ,  NO BRAIN" machinining parts.

no big stock, no big assemblies, no big and complex surfaces.

just a cube whit holes thats it. why mastercam canthandle a a cube whit holes?, 

It's not Mastercam it's Windows....

I have a high end k4000 quadro and it sux....

I will never buy another Quardro card....spend your money on an Nvidia...

It's not Mastercam it's Windows....

I have a high end k4000 quadro and it sux....

I will never buy another Quardro card....spend your money on an Nvidia...

Murlin,

Quadro K4000 is NVIDIA

Try tweaking your video performances settings per the screen shot I posted a few posts up.

Murlin,

Quadro K4000 is NVIDIA

Try tweaking your video performances settings per the screen shot I posted a few posts up.

I meant to add gforce....and none of the settings will work it is the driver from Nvidia...

It is documented that there was problems with the K4000 driver and they dropped support for it and would not fix the driver.

too bad I didn't know that before I bought my system with one installed....it has been a nightmare ever since.

Mastercams popups disappear on monitor#2 and the tool popup with the activeX window just gets totally wigged out...you

must keep it on the main monitor...

The problems will not allow the Driver to run in Aero mode and cause major problems with Mastercam and twin monitors...

Not to mention that Win 7 doesn't play nice in basic mode....

I am buying a gaming card where they spend all the money working out the bugs in the drivers...

Quadros are overpriced and overrated unless you spend 12k and get the best of the best...but then you have to spend 20k on your workstation to take advantage of it...totally not worth it for us normal earthlings...

Nvidia still supports the K4000

I just checked

Version 368.86  released 7/18/16

My old home workstation has a K4000 and I have had no trouble with it.

If you're running Dell drivers that may be your problem, they suck.

That's the first thing I do to a Dell, replace the Dell drivers with Nvidia drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

The problems will not allow the Driver to run in Aero mode and cause major problems with Mastercam and twin monitors...

I ran one of the cards with dual monitors on several Dells  and home built systems with no trouble at all

Have you turned on the Desktop Manager.. in the Control Panel???

If your having that much trouble with your Quadro 4000 video card you need to get someone to look into it because there is something wrong with the card or something else in your PC. We have some where around 15-20 of these cards in our shop and have not had one, not even one problem with any of them. Some guys run dual monitors and some do not but still no issues either way. Windows 7 and Windows 10, no problems. You or your IT guys need to do some digging into that computer.

Kevin K.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

The Nvidia card can be customized for different cad cam programs such as Mastercam and Autodesk or Siemens software. Right click on your desktop and select NVidia Control Panel. Add Mastercam2017 to the list of programs to customize and change the following settings: CUDA-GPU's -select 'use these GPU's - Quadro  K4000 -check it. It will show bold 'all'.  The next setting is OpenGL rendering GPU- again select Quadro K4000 and it will stay bold. The last setting is Power Management Mode- Prefer Maximum Performance.  I also right click the desktop and modify the nView Desktop Manager by selecting Profile Manager and load 'cad' and select it. These settings were from an earlier Mastercam forum post from a few years ago. We upgrade our Mastercam to 2017 but don't go back and reset our video cards to the new software. Please give these settings to your IT guys or modify at your workstation and it should help your machine's graphic performance. Not sure why NVidia hasn't included Mastercam for preset values like they have for other major softwares. 

• Like 1

I ran one of the cards with dual monitors on several Dells  and home built systems with no trouble at all

Have you turned on the Desktop Manager.. in the Control Panel???

No, I could never get the performance part to rate my computer because of the video.

This is really needed on all Windows machines to help set up Windows properly and it never got done.

Yesterday when I booted up this box would not finish posting and came up with a CPU 1 fan failure.

since it is a dual chip machine I just swapped out the heat pipes to see if the problem would follow the fan.

But it stayed with the controller and still had same error so the problem was with the MB.  Since it has a 5 year warranty, they are building me a new system exactly like this one minus the SS raid.

So we will see if this new box fixes all my issues.

Nice, I'm looking at the MSI Gamin X version for my home gaming rig. 

Trying like hell to hold off for the release of the 1080Ti that is "supposed" to be coming out very soon. Some leaked specs has it with the same architecture as the Titan but downclocked a little bit. If that's true, it will be one hell of a card!