Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2017 and repaired NCI

jlw™

I've heard of issues with this.

When you boot up Mastercam, go to the System Tray in the lower right corner, Right-Click on "Mastercam event log", and choose "Stop Logging".

There is no way to turn this off permanently. You must do it every time you boot up Mastercam. It only takes a couple seconds, but you'll continue to have issues in X9 and 2017, if you don't disable this!

Any one else seeing repaired NCI a lot... A LOT more with 2017?

Practically every file I open has at least one or two paths that are locked with repaired NCI.  Just wondering if any one else is seeing this.

are these new files created in 2017 or older version, brought into 2017

Any one else seeing repaired NCI a lot... A LOT more with 2017?

Practically every file I open has at least one or two paths that are locked with repaired NCI.  Just wondering if any one else is seeing this.

just got one this morning....

2017 has as many bugs as X did on the first release....

:g u l p:

Well perhaps that was a little harsh ...but I am having some serious issues with 2017.

Frustration level is very high right now.

I have got the tool crashing sideways through the part in verify, 5-axis drill not doing right, having to rebuild the stock model if you make any changes to a window on a toolpath tied to it,  repaired nci, crashes and freezes, tools not showing up properly in backplot, parimeters not sticking until they are done a second time...

Just a whole slew of stuff....

Now there might be one thing causing all of it I don't know but Holy smokes....

• Like 2

I have not seen that one yet. My current nagging issue is editing a tool that is already used in an operation from the Operations Manager. Can't repeat it every time... yet. SO for now, I save before I have to do that every time which saves lost work. I'll figure it out soon enough.

BoscoDrummer is correct

The Repair NCI issue is caused by incorrectly defined tools from earlier releases

Something to do with shank and cutting length being the same

That is not what caused my repaired NCI...haven't figured it out yet.

But it was an NCI from X9.  I am a little concerned on using converted files from X9 now since all the goofy things with this last file...

One thing I noticed was that the op before the one with the repaired NCI would freeze in verify for about 4 seconds before the tool and holder would turn sideways and crash through the part

on the last point it was processing. when I would back plot the 2 ops there would be no sign of this.

It was on 5-axis circle mill.  I even started deleting the point the tool was crashing on and it would still crash on the very last point in the op no matter how many points

I deleted...there were 14 I think.....BTW Mastercam said there were 28 points in the NCI, but when you go to edit the points, there would be 14.

Perhaps this is a clue I dont know.  There were several operations reporting the wrong point number in this file that did not cause any other problems.

I started reordering the ops and that one op would crash no matter where it was so I was thinking it was a bad op.

So I deleted that op and copied and pasted another similar op and edited it to be the same.

Same crashing tool problem.  In Verify, when the tool would get to the last point in that op...hang for 2-3 seconds and crash randomly through the part.

This was still the operation right before the one that had repaired NCI in comments. So when I failed to find a cure I just bail out of the file without saving and reopen the file and start again, trying to fix it.

Sometimes the tool would just crashy strait through, sometimes the tool and holder would turn sideways.  Sometimes it would go away and verify would be great

and I would think I fixed it. Then it would come back as I added more ops to the manager below.

Now that is some weird stuff right there...after about 3 hrs of this I am livid....

Well I finally solved the problem.  The step over percentage on the dynamic circle mill was set for .15....I changed it to .1 and poof...problem solved...didn't come back.

I probably have a dot saved where that was happening I might send the file in to let them take a look at it...

Have you tried turning off the Event Logging, like I mentioned at the beginning of this thread???

That solves the issue. It has nothing to do with Tool Definitions (there are issues with tool definitions, they just don't cause the Repaired NCI issues.)

If this is 100% true (not doubting you Colin) then an email to all users would have been good practice IMO...

Have you tried turning off the Event Logging, like I mentioned at the beginning of this thread???

That solves the issue. It has nothing to do with Tool Definitions (there are issues with tool definitions, they just don't cause the Repaired NCI issues.)

Yes I have started doing this.

And everything so far is running great now. (the verify crash was only fixed by changing step over, event logging was not causing this)

I finally got my RMB menu made just the way I want it and now after only one day,

I think I am just as proficient in 2017 as I was in X9.

There is too much good stuff in 2017 not to make the switch from x9.

I have tried turning off event logging, but I'm still seeing plenty of repaired NCI

I got this reply from QC when I submitted an X9 repaired nci file late last year

The problem was the tools I was using were created back in the day's before

the relieved shank option was available.

Note , the relieved shank option is selected, but there are no values entered in the appropriate fields

Anyone getting frequent Repaired NCI issues should review their tool definitions to see if any look like this

(see the attached screen shot)

sorry for the poor quality... it's a copy/paste from an email and didn't come out very well 

post-162-0-16329200-1471022506_thumb.png